Temp traffic lights TBR - permanently on red

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 January 2016 7.00am
Maybe this has already been posted, but I've been awake all night with traffic 'tooting' at the temp traffic lights on TBR/Webb st - stuck permanently on red.

So traffic is backing up and then some are tooting at those at the front to ignore the broken lights. Aagh.

Who can I contact in the morning to complain and get it sorted out? Which company is responsible does anyone know?

TBR noise has been a nightmare for months. I've been away since Christmas and can't believe its still a problem. Just came back this eve and no sleep . Help!
Thursday 14 January 2016 9.06am
Tfl? Boris lot?
Thursday 14 January 2016 5.21pm
Dunno, they were put to normal sequence this morning for the traffic, when the roadworks started up instead.

I hate TBR!
Thursday 14 January 2016 6.45pm
For future ref, if lights are stuck on red and the beeping is really horrendous, it's worth considering whether putting them on their side is an option. Obviously you shouldn't do it if it will endanger people, but plenty of junctions will function fine without lights for a short period. You will feel quite odd putting lights on their side, but just look like it's your job and no one will question it! It's also a two person job.
Wednesday 20 January 2016 6.57pm
I'd advise against putting them on their side, not easy, and not a good idea.
best to ring TfL, if within normal working hours, or they have an emergency contact out of hours call number, but if it's dangerous, then just ring the local police 101 number. They're surpisingly good and turn up a lot quicker than 'normal' police do.
Wednesday 20 January 2016 7.19pm
I totally agree you shouldn't do it if dangerous but it's both TfL and the police who suggested to me to do it and when there is beeping all night (as we have had on Blackfriars Road), it really is impossible to carry on and ignore it. It would never have actually occurred to me if not suggested by someone, I'm not a traffic light anarchist!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: