Cleaner wanted in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 19 January 2016 12.37pm
Looking for a reliable cleaner for 2-bed flat on Nelson Sq estate. Ideally every 2 weeks, and someone who is prepared to iron sheets (I hate doing this) and just make everything look good.

Any recommendations would be appreciated
Cheers, Josh
Tuesday 19 January 2016 2.29pm
Lydia - 07450 286222. Been cleaning with us for over 6 years. Does all the ironing too, including our sheets. She is wonderful and very reliable. PM if you need any other info.
Wednesday 20 January 2016 1.12pm
Hi,

I have been using Joanna for about 3 years and i can't fault her. Her number is 07815590614 and I highly recommend her! I look forward to coming home from work on a Thursday!

Thanks,
Lara
Wednesday 20 January 2016 3.10pm
Another thumbs up for Lydia
Sunday 14 February 2016 4.47pm
I also highly recommend Joanna (07815590614), she is very reliable and trustworthy. I've been using her for about 6 months.
Carine
Monday 15 February 2016 12.06pm
I would be interested in getting a cleaner but I am just worried about a few issues. What is the going rate? Do you leave spare keys with the cleaner? Do you do any sort of security checks beforehand or should they belong to a cleaning company? Do you have to declare the payment to the taxman (to pay for their social security, taxes etc...)? Do you also need an insurance (in case of an accident). Sorry in my home country, employing someone to work in your home is very regulated...
Wednesday 17 February 2016 3.48pm
I can recommend Gabrielley, she charges 11 per hour and is very thorough and trust worthy. She works around SE1.

Best to text her first her English is not the best (she's Brazilian) 07597 120 964.

Connie, i'm no expert but answers to your questions from my experiences are as follows....

Do you leave spare keys with the cleaner?
I do, I think once you've met them and they've cleaned for you whist you're home a couple times and you feel like you can trust them to come when you're out then give them a key, also pick someone your friends use so you know there is some track record of trust from the cleaner

Do you do any sort of security checks beforehand or should they belong to a cleaning company?
No direct checks, I just use common sense, meet them and and speak with people who have used them before, If you go through a company they tend to do this for you but agencies tend to charge more and send whoever is available to clean so there is lack of consistency in the cleaning styles.

Do you have to declare the payment to the taxman (to pay for their social security, taxes etc...)?
I don't as I dont employ the cleaner just use her services, I pay the Cleaner and assume she makes the appropriate tax decelerations at her end.

Do you also need an insurance (in case of an accident).
Cover can come under your usual home accident cover, but its best you check with your insurance provider.

Arun

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: