Resurfacing works The Cut - Ear Plugs needed ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 24 January 2016 2.39am
The cut is being resurfaced :

28/29/30 Jan

2000hrs till 0500

:)
Sunday 24 January 2016 9.08pm
It didn't last long did it? I wonder if they will replace the brick sets with tarmac.
Monday 25 January 2016 12.14pm
Cobblestones and chicanes (or chickens,as my predictive text insisted upon) may put a few unsuitable vehicles ,or their drivers, off from trying to race through the traffic lights at the junction. Perhaps the chicken idea would cause feathers to fly! I've always wanted to use that expression, so now I have.
Monday 25 January 2016 9.10pm
SandyPandy, there are no traffic lights in The Cut for drivers to race through, I believe Karen is talking about the speed cushions at the junctions of Hatfields and Short Street with The Cut.
Those cushions are now badly damaged with temporary tarmac inserts which are now sinking thus exasperating the problems and the need for repair so soon after installation.
Still it will be a small cost for TfL who can afford to waste tens of millions on the vanity project called The Garden Bridge.
Monday 25 January 2016 10.18pm
Could these works be causing a deep rumbling sound? I live off Webber Street and this noise is driving me nuts. It starts around the time these roadworks are going to start and goes on until around 6am. It seems a little far away to be the Cut but I can't think of anything else that's causing it. Any ideas anyone?
Tuesday 26 January 2016 8.57pm
It probably is Debra. They have been digging into the same bit of road regularly and then they do a temporary fill ready for the days traffic and start again with the digging in the evening. I think at this important junction, they can't close it completely for any length of time during the day. The machine that takes off the top surface does make a rumbling sound.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 10.12pm
Thanks Karen - I think I'll start a business selling ear plugs then!
Saturday 30 January 2016 5.23pm
Have not heard any noise from the resurfacing work - but plenty of noise from the drivers beeping horns , shouting at each other and lorries reversing along hatfields that thought a "road closed" sign meant "drive through anyways" .

Will be suprised if the resurfacing work is finished tonight - walked along the cut this morning and i could only see a small part of road outside the tescos that had a new surface on .....
Saturday 30 January 2016 10.18pm
Ninja99, lots of work was done last night and it looks like it got finished; so a quiet night tonight.
Saturday 30 January 2016 11.22pm
Spoke too soon;they're back!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: