Tamarind Court Hyperoptic Broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 January 2016 11.49pm
Hi,

Anyone else living in Tamarind Court, Gainsford Street and sick of the appalling broadband speed?

If so, please register your interest (commitment free) for Hyperoptic Broadband here: https://hyperoptic.com/register-interest/?siteid=3277829677

Only 6 more residents need to register to bring this to the building. I have been in touch with them and liaising between the Property Management Company to arrange for a Building Survey which will be carried out shortly.

Thanks!
Monday 1 February 2016 12.18pm
cillianq wrote:
Anyone else living in Tamarind Court, Gainsford Street and sick of the appalling broadband speed?

Hi - out of interest, how fast is the "appalling broadband speed" in Tamarind Ct? - I am across the road-ish and get about 13meg using ADSL2.

Thanks BSB
Monday 1 February 2016 2.41pm
I'll let cillianq speak for Tamarind, but over here in The Circle on ADSL2+ I'm currently synced circa 6Mbps. Compounded by the fact many of us are forced to run our mobile phone over the link using a signal booster because the reception is so bad, it really does make for an appalling experience (for example, I can't make a mobile phone call and connect to my company VPN at the same time without the voice call stuttering).
Monday 1 February 2016 7.46pm
The average speed in Tamarind is approx. 7MBPS on ADSL2+...i.e. roughly similar to Kieran.

I asked BT whether they were planning to upgrade the lines but I was told that there was no plan to do so in the near future. They called the building a "legacy building" and said that it was highly unlikely that they would upgrade the lines.

Hyperoptic are offering a good deal and speeds of up to 1GBPS for not much more than what BT are charging.

I often work from home as well and between the poor mobile signal and poor broadband speed, it makes it difficult.

Thanks.
Tuesday 2 February 2016 10.36pm
I'm in Tamarind, and registered with these guys about a year ago.

I'm ground floor and with Sky BB and I only get 2-4 mbps :(

Perhaps print this and stick it on the notice board?
Wednesday 3 February 2016 3.00pm
A friend of mine lives in a street off Old Kent Road, all houses, pretty new build...

Anyway they didn't even have broadband lines installed. He spoke with BT and they refused him for about 4 years! eventually he spoke to Virgin and they got the road dug up and installed with new lines.

Maybe worth trying virgin to see if they would upgrade it instead of going with BT?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: