Keepmoat return to Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 February 2016 8.11pm
After the damage that keepmoat company caused last year to internal properties including our own flat with electrics and holes in walls and ceilings, of which residents at the meeting screamed at them and the councils for the damage and stress it caused. Well southwark has decided to have them back again this year. Now they are doing external works including windows and electrics and already been told it will be very noisy and our blocks will be covered in scaffolding and I was also told by their secretary its still in the experimental stages, well I am sure that makes residents feel confident. Why an earth are the council using the same poor company again and again. Do residents feeling stress and opinions count for nothing at these meetings. We are the ones left with all the mess, not the councils. Private residents have already been sent a bill for 16K before works have even started. Is this company on contract for a certain time and the council cant break it, or do they just like using cheap companies. I am dreading it when they start works on our flats again.

Anyone else had poor experience with this company Keepmoat?
Wednesday 10 February 2016 8.21am
They are terrible, the mess they left behind in a friends flat when they did the rewire :(
Old trunking ripped out leaving old paint and debris behind, all rooms left filthy especially the bathroom, new trunking all over the place, no thought to where the new sockets put, attempted to sweep up carpet with a soft broom! Awful just awful...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 10 February 2016 8.55am
I do hope they have turned over a new leaf - we have them starting on our estate in the next week or so...
Wednesday 10 February 2016 9.12am
My friend was only rewired in December...No new leaf...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Wednesday 10 February 2016 9.19am
They must be really good - they have a Facebook page dedicated to satisfied customers.
Wednesday 10 February 2016 6.23pm
After reading some comments here all I can say is, Oh God!
Wednesday 10 February 2016 6.26pm
Hi Gavin, what estate are you on? We are on keetons...they are due to start on us around May time have been told. I wish I could simply run away when it begins. They have had scaffold up a week now houses opposite and no one is working on it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: