Parking permit

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 13 February 2016 8.40pm
Hi everyone I was wondering if anybody else has had a problem with the new parking permit system I've tried to renew my residential permit both online and via phone and I have been told that my property is restricted, I have never been told before that I'm not allow a permit as I have had my car for 3 years. I was then told that it would have been agreed with the developers when the property was built that residents would not be allowed to obtain a on street permit. Now when I enter my neighbors postcode which is from the same building and the same development they are able to purchase one which I find confusing I've sent a letter of complaint but at the same time I'm left worried as I use my car for everything especially the little ones
Saturday 13 February 2016 8.55pm
This is very common in new developments. It comes under something called a s106 Agreement have a look at your lease and see if there is a restriction referred to. Your solicitor would have pointed it out to you upon purchase of the flat.
Sunday 14 February 2016 11.13am
Even if you were not meant to have one under the s106 agreement, you have had one for three years as clearly the council made a mistake. Take it through the complaint process.
Tuesday 16 February 2016 1.22pm
Thank you for your response I have put in a stage 1 complaint and I now awaiting a response. My flat is with an housing association, the building has underground parking which unfortunately I do not have access to as I am in the " social housing" part of the building it's unfair because my neighbors have access to both on street and underground parking I do have a physical disability but because new assement system i dread applying for one if I have to sell my car I will be left house bound I just hope that good can come from this
Tuesday 16 February 2016 2.22pm
In some areas where the permit zone offers limited number of spaces the restriction on parking is part of the planning... I'm aware of that for the M1 zone and some of the recent developments. I agree that you should have been told from the start - good luck getting this sorted. Sounds like you might be able to apply through the blue badge scheme would that be an alternative option?
Tuesday 16 February 2016 3.41pm
If your needs meet a criteria, could you not apply for a disabled parking space in the street? Sorry don't what criteria is".
Tuesday 16 February 2016 4.02pm
Jan is correct but it does take time and it is open for any disabled person to use not yours specifically so may not always be free for you to use but you would need to be a blue badge holder to apply for one
Tuesday 16 February 2016 4.16pm
You should apply online for a blue badge, it's not connected to the DWP it's run by Southwark and they will send you to an OT if you are not in an automatic category.
Tuesday 16 February 2016 4.37pm
Thank all for your kind suggestions I will be applying for a blue badge so fingers crossed. I live in the flats on bear lane I've tried to contact my housing association to find out who owns the car park under the property so I could temporally park as my parking permit is soon to expiry hopefully I would be able to sort something out. Does anyone know how long the process is to obtain a blue badge
Tuesday 16 February 2016 6.35pm
Make sure you upload all the information when you apply for the blue badge as this will really speed it up. If you are receiving certain benefits (so are automatic) it's about two weeks, otherwise 6-8. If you get the blue badge you can then request to get a disabled bay fitted if there is space and you are eligible (though this isn't your bay, anyone can use it). In the meantime you could buy visitor permits.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: