Tower Bridge Closure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 16 February 2016 1.52pm
Does anyone know if the proposed closure of Tower Bridge for three months (Oct-Dec) this year is still going ahead?
Tuesday 23 February 2016 11.00am
A contract for the work has just been awarded:
http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/news/bam-nuttall-secures-deck-refurbishment-contract-for-tower-bridge,36642092

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 February 2016 3.30pm
I thought they had refurbished the road only a few years ago? I remember being surprised when the stripped the tarmac off that a large part of the bridge road was wooden.
Thursday 2 June 2016 11.07am
It looks like the bridge will just be closed to vehicles, not pedestrians, this time round. That sounds great! bbc.in/1TZ3oIe
Thursday 2 June 2016 1.13pm
Will be closed to pedestrians as well some weekends
Thursday 2 June 2016 6.41pm
Looks like only one of the footways will be kept open - reckon things are going to get congested
Friday 3 June 2016 9.51am
richard_badger wrote:
It looks like the bridge will just be closed to vehicles, not pedestrians, this time round. That sounds great! bbc.in/1TZ3oIe

Yes, for you I guess, but how about if you run a one man transport business, regularly delivering heavy materials from your premises at Bricklayers Arms, to Shoreditch or Whitechapel?
I don't by the way, and I'm not for one minute going against the proposed repairs to the bridge, just pointing out that not everyone will be ecstatic about it.
e.g. I live in Rotherhithe, and due to the 24 hour bus lane, Jamaica Road toward the tunnel is regularly backed up as far as Dockhead.
When the bridge closes, I envisage it being backed up as far as Borough High Street.
Friday 3 June 2016 11.05am
Surely the bridge closure, plus the Tooley Street restrictions, will cause chaos?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 3 June 2016 12.01pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Surely the bridge closure, plus the Tooley Street restrictions, will cause chaos?

Surely indeed, but aside from you and I, I don't think anyone cares, certainly not TFL.
Friday 3 June 2016 12.30pm
I don't care. Looking forward to a nice quiet TBR for a while
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: