The Feminist Library

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 February 2016 12.44pm
Why has Southwark council allowed this Organisation to avoid paying Rent for seven years? If I never paid rent for seven weeks I am sure action would be taken. I was sympathetic to the plight of any library being lost in Southwark , but 7 years! Is this correct?
Thursday 18 February 2016 1.29pm
The council says the library has been paying service charge and not rent. It's all a bit convoluted.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 18 February 2016 4.39pm
I had never heard of that library and I have lived around the corner for 20 years... Interesting and sad they are made to go. Maybe they could raise awareness from the local community and funds so they can stay...
Thursday 18 February 2016 6.37pm
Like you Connie I had never heard of it. Perhaps had their profile had been higher they would have had more support. Is there a sign outside the entrance I wonder.
Friday 19 February 2016 2.34pm
I have seen the posters in their windows, so I knew it was there. It doesn't look like you can just walk in though, so I've never been. It looks slightly abandoned, never seen lights on for instance. They are volunteer run so they probably have quite restricted opening hours.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: