North\South route for bikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 February 2016 2.16pm
Before I start this isnít ant-bike, anti-car, anti-TFL, anti-anything postÖ.itís just a question because Iím curious!

I havenít lived in the E&C for very long but Iíve been SE1 years. As Iím sure most of you know there is a new (not in use yet), very skinny cycle path that runs in front of the Tabernacle. Is it needed? Try as I might I canít remember seeing more than half dozen bikes anywhere near the old roundabout or the new bend. Iím I going blind and/or dotty? If I havenít lost the plot Iím curious what route bikes are going when going North/South?
Thursday 25 February 2016 2.36pm
There are two longstanding cycle 'bypass' routes for the Elephant - one to the west and one to the east.

The western route runs up the side of St Mary's Churchyard and up Elliot's Row, and the eastern bypass uses Rockingham Street and Meadow Row.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 25 February 2016 6.44pm
I used the new bike route in front of the tabernacle at the weekend (it's not open yet so not sure if it's the same one) but it was great and took me into the cycle lane up St Georges Road and around to Blackfriars Road. I was very pleased 😄

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: