Whats your thoughts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 February 2016 7.03pm
The general meeting on keetons estate about area problems.

The other night I decided to go along to a general meeting about the estate. A lady sitting next to me elderly had fractured her arm in 3 places been in hospital for a week because she slipped over on some bad paving stones of which the council had not fixed and also stating it was very darkened lighting around there, and now she will have to have another operation to pin her arm etc.

Just around corner to me the ladies that live there said since keepmoat put in new lighting its very dark and dimmed and I have walked around there and it is actually and seems rather risky walking along there now in the evening, the previous lighting was much better, can only assume its dimmed to save money.

They also mentioned about some trees affecting their housing in a road and apparently a leak on Jamaica road which was not repaired either. The council said they are trying to save 30 million yet waste millions on scaffold which been up for ages with no work men on it, I take it this per day in itself for hire must be costing a fair bit.

Oh it was also mentioned at meeting that in 2018 they are changing the boundaries of where we live, rather then keetons may change it to north bermondsey...I wonder how that will affect things for the better or worse.

Whats your thoughts or may be your estate has issues.

Thanks
Thursday 25 February 2016 9.08pm
That's an enormous bill Southwark will get for scaffolding Ladywriter, wonder what the reason is that scaffolding has been up for so long! Would a leak on Jamaica road come under TFL , if it's a highway? If the lady who hurt her arm is still in pain and the fall could have been prevented I would phone insurers and claim ,Southwark council have a internal dept., for these things" never used to believe in that, but at least they will stop them happening again.
Friday 26 February 2016 8.07pm
Exactly, the scaffold on 4 squares been up over 4 years, told they are getting new bathrooms and kitchens and intercom systems, but a friends relative living on them said they have not even been done yet and then entry system has been messed up now and they are not coming back to fix it until a few months time.

The lady was at the meeting who fell and broke arm, the liberal lady there said she will help her to put in a claim. Actually same lady helped us before with issues. We had two leaks in our flat before and I claimed compensation from southwark, because it ruined our kitchen, the tanks above us in attic leaked into our kitchen due to shoddy workmanship and lack of care of the water tanks. And since tenants cant go up into attic its only council members are allowed up there we could not even stop the leak, we ended up ring fire brigade to stop it. So as the water poured through we could not even get up there to turn it off to save our kitchen. When I rang emergency council I got, it will take at least two hours to get some one to you, We would had no kitchen left by then and the ceiling was becoming weak from damp to. so I rang fire brigade as it was pouring down the walls into electrics. This happened a few years ago. It took southwark months to fix the tanks properly. I pushed and pushed for compensation as at time we was not insured either. And it was their fault not ours. As we had to re decorate the kitchen it was all ruined and buy all new stuff again.

I dont know much of the leak on Jamaica Rd myself, just what a lady said at meeting as she lives on Jamaica road...

But yeah scaffold at houses opposite me have been up a month now. The idea is that keepmoat measure the windows and send off the measurements to company to make them and then they put them in, but the lady living opposite told me they have done hardly anything and never see any workers on it. They also told her as its to cold to work on the scaffold at the moment. They chose to do this in winter. and oh please men or mice, my uncle worked on empire state building usa years ago fitting in windows. I just think that keepmoat are taking their pretty time since they have a five year contract with southwark. In the process as usual tenants are ones who suffer. I dread it when they start on our blocks as ours are much bigger then four houses opposite. I have also seen scaffold on a house around the corner as well.
Friday 26 February 2016 8.14pm
Your quote Jan: Southwark council have a internal dept..

I bet most people dont even know about this.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: