Southwark fire station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 26 February 2016 7.40am
Closes today, where will Tenders come from in the event that a major incident or fire happens?
Friday 26 February 2016 9.26am
It closed 2 years ago Jan.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7315
Friday 26 February 2016 11.54am
Soon be a block of flats

In some places - all this re-generation is good and makes some places look much nicer and brigher
Friday 26 February 2016 12.56pm
It is being turned into a Secondary school. 1200 children decending on the area - nice!
Friday 26 February 2016 1.08pm
Oh my days and that little rec/park across the road [ mint st play area ]
Friday 26 February 2016 1.37pm
AntAnt wrote:
It is being turned into a Secondary school. 1200 children decending on the area - nice!

Yes, it would be much better to have 1,200 edgy urban professional types, or 1,200 university students, wouldn't it?

(You do realise that there's such a shortage of secondary school provision in the area that those awful young adults will almost certainly come from the immediately surrounding area, don't you? In other words: those pesky kids most likely already live here!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 26 February 2016 1.50pm
I wouldnt bet on them all from being from the surrounding area, as I know full well that at least 80% of the children who go to Graveny school in Tooting live nowhere near the school with many getting the tube home miles away - so beware what you wish for
Friday 26 February 2016 2.31pm
I wish for an additional non-denominational secondary school in Borough. I'd happily swap a school, or any other piece of infrastructure that would help families to continue living in SE1, for some more flats (which is what that site would be otherwise).

Southwark isn't exactly over-endowed with secondary schools. Especially if you're not a regular worshipper at an approved church (and goodness knows why churches should have a monopoly over access to state-funded education in the first place, but that's not the issue we're discussing here).

Exactly how many of the Graveney school pupils come from far away, out of interest? (Not that it's really relevant to this discussion, for many reasons, not least that it's partially selective and open to pupils from all over Wandsworth). I'm interested to know how you come by this info.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 26 February 2016 2.52pm
I know as my son didnt get in even though we live aprrox 0.31 miles away and he went to the primary school next door - i also see them all when i go home going down the tube

Apologies for not being a resident of SE1 - yet I did state this a while back, i worked in SE1 for 31 years until we were moved to canary wharf

hardly any wandsworth children go to graveney - so dont get sucked into how good wandsworth is

FTR - i would love to live in SE1
Friday 26 February 2016 3.06pm
I knew about the one being turned into a school, I was worried if it was the one in Old Kent Rd. not till I saw the Independants article that I realised ten were closing.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: