Length of time for scaffolding

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 28 February 2016 6.47pm
Is there a rule or law that states that scaffold should only be up for a certain amount of time depending on size of block? or is there no time limit for this? Which means residents could be living in scaffold for years and years with no end to it?

There could be rules somewhere that have been ignored or passed by simply because people dont know about it.

Any ideas.
Monday 29 February 2016 8.26am
I was looking for the same thing but there doesn't appear to be any restriction unless its on a public highway. The only thing I could think of is that there may be a restriction if the building contractor has put some signage up on the scaffolding which would require permission of some sort.
Monday 29 February 2016 7.44pm
Ho Hum, on well. That means they can have it up forever then... no wonder why they take their time then.
Tuesday 1 March 2016 2.29pm
There is no rule or law.

Where scaffolding is on the public highway it needs a monthly licence, but again there is no restriction on length. Also Southwark Council would be the licensing authority here.
Tuesday 1 March 2016 10.25pm
thanks for replies and info
Thursday 3 March 2016 2.02am
I heard it was common practice to leave scaffolding up as long as possible until it was required somewhere else because it is saves having to store it and move it twice. I can't verify this.
Thursday 3 March 2016 7.33pm
Hi Karen

yeah some time did tell me this, so we are being used as a storage facility basically. Typical.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: