Blackfriars Rd blocked off by police

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 3 March 2016 9.56am
The new cycle lane and the road going north from St George's Circus are blocked off by a police van and blue incident tape. Traffic appears to be normal going south. Large police presence wandering up and down.

Any ideas?
Thursday 3 March 2016 10.04am
Collision between rubbish truck and motorcyclist or motor scooter at the Union Street junction.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 3 March 2016 10.35am
I walked past the scene at around 9.15am there were loads of police, fire brigade officers and ambulance and there was a blue shield all around the front of the refuse lorry. Both that section of Blackfriars Road and Union Street was closed off to traffic. My thoughts are with the persons involved and with their families and friends at this time.
Thursday 3 March 2016 1.16pm
This is a notorious blackspot! very great frequency of accidents incidents which appear not to be helped by the mee road layout super highways etcetera

This scheme really commands serious reconsideration
Thursday 3 March 2016 4.15pm
How many accidents have occurred in Blackfriars rd. in the last year?
Thursday 3 March 2016 4.46pm
I understand the helicopter landed at Millenium Green to attend the incident, and from the length of time spent at the scene by the police it doesn't bode well for the motorcyclist. I am given to understand that both a bus and bin lorry were involved. Forgive me if I am completely wrong but I am reporting what I have been told by a passerby immediately after the accident.
My thoughts and good wishes go to the motorcyclist and hope he makes a complete recovery very soon.
Thursday 3 March 2016 4.58pm
Oh Lord, a bus and a bin lorry, that poor motorcyclist, hope he's able to recover.
Thursday 3 March 2016 5.32pm
The poor moped driver was 'pinned by the neck' according to Southwark news...horrifying .
Thursday 3 March 2016 6.34pm
My thoughts are with the motor cyclist and his family. I hope he is able to recover and the black spot of Union St/ Blackfriars Road/ The Cut hasn't claimed another life.

Sadly, I seem to recall posting my concerns about the area recently.
Thursday 3 March 2016 7.25pm
Sadly, I walked past before the screens went up.
I have to say, even to hear that the air ambulance took him away alive staggered me. He was absolutely motionless, when the fire service arrived to try and lift the truck.

Thoughts with him and family. Hope he pulls through okay.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: