Former Eurostar terminal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 3 March 2016 1.21pm
Waterloo underground shopping great bit like st Pancras kings x etc. Bring it on!
Friday 4 March 2016 5.05am
Central London already has many shops. Materialism is not always the answer. Sports facilities are poorly served particularly for adult recreation. They help health, social interaction and community building. A better use of an expansive space?
Friday 4 March 2016 7.58am
Let's have a Westfield type centre there. With grand pianoforte natrulement. Need I say moire ?!! We gave arrived as a dedstunation area and John lewis n waiutrose wiuuk soon be coimmonpkace here. Wubderbar!!
Friday 4 March 2016 8.34am
A sparkling new library to replace lower marsh?
Friday 4 March 2016 10.06am
I so miss the Eurostar departure lounge at Waterloo, not just because I could literally walk there. St Pancras is so small, no proper food/drinks or last minute shopping possible in the lounge, for even more passengers than 10 years ago.
I think it is good they redevelop it as shops, there are not many shopping facilities South of the river. Although it may be difficult to attract a lot of customers in this tucked away corner of Waterloo, except from the hurried commuters and few locals. If it's to have tiny shops with a small selection as in most airports/stations, then I don't see the point. If it's proper shops, that could be a nice improvement on the E&C shopping centre which is due to be demolished pretty soon.
Friday 4 March 2016 10.23am
In a letter to Lambeth planners, Tom Woolner of LCR's planning consultants Quod writes: "The proposals are still evolving, however it is anticipated to comprise some 12,000 square metres of retail (classes A1-A4) floorspace along with an element of assembly & leisure (class D2)."

So the proposals are still evolving and there will be a load of retail space right next to a major transport hub... hmm... I wonder what could possibly be put above that?

To be fair, it'll be more sensibly placed than some other towers are and will be amongst a cluster of other existing and planned towers - but they will probably want this to be a landmark building rivalling the Shard, at around 40-50 stories. I just wonder what shape it's going to be.
Friday 4 March 2016 11.51am
connie wrote:
I so miss the Eurostar departure lounge at Waterloo, not just because I could literally walk there. St Pancras is so small, no proper food/drinks or last minute shopping possible in the lounge, for even more passengers than 10 years ago.
I think it is good they redevelop it as shops, there are not many shopping facilities South of the river. Although it may be difficult to attract a lot of customers in this tucked away corner of Waterloo, except from the hurried commuters and few locals. If it's to have tiny shops with a small selection as in most airports/stations, then I don't see the point. If it's proper shops, that could be a nice improvement on the E&C shopping centre which is due to be demolished pretty soon.
Friday 4 March 2016 11.54am
connie wrote:
Connie. Correct. So handy for me. 5 mins door to door. Miss it so much of course. But an ill wind etc
Friday 4 March 2016 12.03pm
Paramount wrote:
Let's have a Westfield type centre there. With grand pianoforte natrulement. Need I say moire ?!! We gave arrived as a dedstunation area and John lewis n waiutrose wiuuk soon be coimmonpkace here. Wubderbar!!

You sent that at 07.58?
You've either got to ease up on the all night drinking sessions, or put your reading glasses on before you approach your keyboard!
Friday 4 March 2016 12.08pm
DavidS - this isn't a high rise development. It's about using the old departures and arrivals lounges below the old Eurostar platforms.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: