Live Bands Southwark Park Have you been to any

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 3 March 2016 8.11pm
Each summer time they have live bands over Southwark Park SE16, some have been quite well known from years ago. We go to them as they are free and live music for hours.

Just curious to know how many people here have been to those southwark park concerts?
Thursday 3 March 2016 10.34pm
Living maybe 450 metres from the bandstand, we can hear the bands without opening a window.
Steve Harley was okay, I liked Cockney Rebel back in the day, but I'd never heard of Nine Below Zero, maybe because I am Methusela's older brother!
I'd go over if they had Hootie and The Blowfish, I caught them at Coachman Park, Clearwater FL. a few years back, or The Allman Brothers, who I saw at The Rainbow, (formerly The Astoria), Finsbury Park in the late seventies.
Live bands are a great idea, but once you get to your mid forties the magic starts to fade a bit, or maybe you do!
Friday 4 March 2016 9.47am
I've been to a couple but they normally clash with other events I'm involved in. Saw Nine Below Zero a few years ago, main reason I went to be honest as i've followed them for years. Have also seen Chas & Dave and Chris Difford there as well.
Friday 4 March 2016 7.59pm
We saw all of them you mentioned to, we go every year if we can as its free concerts for hours and the park is just down road to us as well. Well I have always liked live music because I studied music and still play, so for me the magic hasnt faded.
Friday 4 March 2016 9.02pm
I saw Paul Carrack (look him up, you'll know his songs), Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze, Lee Thompson from Madness, Darts (only us old 'uns know them), the Proclaimers, Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings and er, Michael Barrymore, who acted like a moron and left the stage. You can't have it all...
Friday 4 March 2016 11.14pm
DebraG wrote:
I saw Paul Carrack (look him up, you'll know his songs), Glenn Tilbrook from Squeeze, Lee Thompson from Madness, Darts (only us old 'uns know them), the Proclaimers, Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings and er, Michael Barrymore, who acted like a moron and left the stage. You can't have it all...

Oy! I remember Darts, you saucy blank, 7 or 8 of them.
They did a cover of Jackie Wilson's Reet Petite, it wasn't bad, but no one could beat Jackie's version.
I don't know if it's on YouTube, check it out.
Thursday 10 March 2016 7.40pm
I like Jools Holland from squeeze brilliant pianist.
Thursday 10 March 2016 8.26pm
Jools is an amazing pianist and very talented. Great to listen to and to watch.
Friday 11 March 2016 11.55am
Tom Pepper wrote:
DebraG wrote:

Oy! I remember Darts, you saucy blank, 7 or 8 of them.
They did a cover of Jackie Wilson's Reet Petite, it wasn't bad, but no one could beat Jackie's version.
I don't know if it's on YouTube, check it out.

Yes, it is on YouTube, older members of my family, (sorry Tom), tell me that Jackie Wilson was never filmed performing, he was on the scene before videos were thought of I guess, plus he died quite young.
Another big hit of his on YouTube is, "You're love is lifting me, higher, and higher."
Saturday 12 March 2016 10.00am
Debrajoan wrote:

Yes, it is on YouTube, older members of my family, (sorry Tom), tell me that Jackie Wilson was never filmed performing, he was on the scene before videos were thought of I guess, plus he died quite young.
Another big hit of his on YouTube is, "You're love is lifting me, higher, and higher."

Theres lots of footage of Jackie Wilson performing live on youtube, mostly US shows, including this from 1975, the same year he had a heart attack on stage and went into a coma until he died in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN09z4LrwG4
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: