Co-op bank TV ad: E&C Bricklayers Arms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 6 March 2016 11.11pm
Has anyone seen the new Co-operative bank advert, with a young bearded chap (I know that's quite a wide field these days) who, apparently, lives in Peronnet House and likes to plant flowers on the Bricklayers Arms road junction because 'it's pretty grim outside'? The advert shows the Elephant northern roundabout post-reconfiguration, so it's obviously been filmed quite recently.

Are the flowers still there? Looks like they were working on the tree beds at the junction with Darwin Street next to the Westbound bus stop southern side of Bricklayers Arms.

Link to film

I have to know this actually happened and was not a cynical stunt for the advert.
Monday 7 March 2016 2.48am
Yep! The bloke is real and has been a local guerilla gardener for years. I, for one am grateful for his efforts.
Monday 7 March 2016 8.24am
he is genuine, him and his friends have brightened up the area, did not know he did the same for Darwin street though.
Monday 7 March 2016 9.46am
I saw them being planted and the camera crew. I just assumed the flower bed was being made to look nice for the filming rather than the other way round! I wish I had stopped to ask what was going on. A couple of months later the flowers are still looking lovely and make such a difference.
Monday 7 March 2016 10.18am
Richard is ever so active in the area (and on this forum), he has done wonders in Elliotts parks, near the trees along St Georges Road, outside Morley college and in London road (I always stop and look at the flowers, whatever the season there is always something blossoming in the flowerbeds by the bus stop).
Zoe
Monday 7 March 2016 11.02pm
I don't particularly want to bank with the Co-op but I thought it was a lovely ad and Richard came over really well. It made Southwark look good!
Tuesday 8 March 2016 12.12pm
It's Richard Reynolds, guerilla gardening pioneer and local hero. He's published a book and been all over the world with his campaign to transform unloved spaces. Love the ad.

http://guerrillagardening.org/

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: