Integrated Fridge / Freezer Installation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 12 March 2016 12.22pm
Afternoon SE1

I live just off Grange Road on the 4th floor and my integrated fridge-freezer needs replacing. I had looked at a few companies, e.g. ao.com but whilst they will take away the old unit, they do not offer an installation service.

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that will do this in the area please or if not, a decent electrician who can help?

Many thanks

John
Saturday 12 March 2016 1.04pm
Do you need an electrician? Unless you need it relocated, the appliance would just plug into the existing supply. Steve at Southwark Handyman has had good reviews on here recently. Worth a try?
Saturday 12 March 2016 1.20pm
It is hardwired in to a 6 way plate for all of the other appliances. It is more that I need someone to help me physically get the old one out and lift the new one in to place.

Many thanks

John
Saturday 12 March 2016 1.21pm
My daughter ordered an enormous fridge freezer which dispels ice,cold water etc. The quotes she had from companies were horrendous.. Then she found a local man who did it for fifty pounds! In Kent unfortunately.
Saturday 12 March 2016 2.21pm
Jan the old one wrote:
My daughter ordered an enormous fridge freezer which dispels ice,cold water etc. The quotes she had from companies were horrendous.. Then she found a local man who did it for fifty pounds! In Kent unfortunately.

I bought an American style double doored fridge/freezer in Allders of Clapham Junction's closing down sale before it became Debenhams, around 10 or 11 years ago.
To the best of my recall, they delivered it, plumbed it in and connected it as part of the deal, all I had to do was ensure that the space it was to go in was adequate, and free of any impediment.
Few things are better in our 3 or 4 days of hot weather per year, than to come home, hold a glass against the ice dispenser, splosh a liberal amount of Grey Goose vodka in, then a soupçon of Schweppes tonic, NO fruit, neither lemon, nor lime.
Saturday 12 March 2016 4.52pm
Grey goose vodka...never had it...sounds nice Debra!
Saturday 12 March 2016 5.04pm
Rob Lancaster
Tel 07950 190530
Email roblancaster@yahoo.co.uk
Saturday 12 March 2016 5.33pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Grey goose vodka...never had it...sounds nice Debra!

It is nice Jan, it's French, and on a par with Absolut, the Swedish vodka, it's smooth, not as smooth, IMO, as Belvedere the Polish rye vodka, but Grey Goose isn't cheap, around £38 for 70cl in Tesco, happy days!
Saturday 12 March 2016 5.38pm
roblancaster wrote:
Rob Lancaster
Tel 07950 190530
Email roblancaster@yahoo.co.uk

I can vouch for Rob, he did a couple of jobs for me, and I was very happy with the results.
His prices were fair, and he arrived when he said he would.
Wednesday 30 March 2016 7.36pm
I recently used both AO for an integrated fridge (they do removals & fitting for fridges but not washing machines) and John Lewis for a washer dryer. AO customer service was great but delivery service was awful. They broke the fridge and the cupboard door during installation and they had to give us some money off in the end (damage was only cosmetic). John Lewis was great. Had to wait a bit longer for delivery + install but they were competent and professional. I'd personally go with JL every time now.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: