Diversion tonight that's causing chaos on Hatfields/The Cut?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 14 March 2016 10.21pm
just looked out my window at 2220 and noticed the streets in total gridlock ??
Zoe
Monday 14 March 2016 10.35pm
They are resurfacing Southwark St/Stamford St junction. I can't believe TfL can't manage a better diversion. We have had this several times in the last couple of months. There are so,e big vehicles coming down and the road is just too narrow.

Oh and now they are beeping, the joy.
Monday 14 March 2016 11.22pm
I am not a bit surprised. The sacred cycling cow. We may wake up one day and admit it was a nightmare and gigantic failure
Zoe
Tuesday 15 March 2016 7.35am
Yes, because resurfacing work to Blackfriars road and the poor choice of diversion by TfL is clearly because people cycle. Those two things couldn't be more strongly linked.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 8.27am
Quite agree Zoe.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 8.50am
why do they have to start all the roadworks at once?
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.06am
James says the superhighway is the reason. Are we saying that cycles have no connection?
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.12am
If it weren't for cyclists whizzing around uncontrolled we wouldn't have to put up with these loony roadworks etc. I an sick of the whole issue frankly. Put it to bed now!!!
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.23am
All the work and the vast amounts of money spent of the "cycle superhighway" and still the cyclists choose not to use it, jump red lights, mount the pavement... A white elephant. Still, maybe rickshaws could use it???
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.23am
Roads need resurfacing because of the huge amount of motor vehicles in London that degrade the road surface. Many of these motor vehicles are making pointless, unnecessary journeys. Thirty different re-cycling companies service Regent Street alone. Large vans deliver water as good as that which comes from the tap. Hotels send laundry to be cleaned outside London cos it's cheaper than washing in house. Half the lorries on London's road are empty. Even empty lorries smash up and degrade the road surface. Blaming cyclists for road repairs is a special kind of stupid.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: