Roof top extension to Guinness Court Snowsfields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 28 October 2016 4.06am
People also need to make individual objections & make them on proper grounds.
A lot of objections are thrown out because they are not well made even if they are well intended.
The fact that this is a listed building & in a conservation area will mean there are already big hurdles in the way.
If enough of a fight is put up early on then the people behind this may decide it best left alone.
https://www.richmond.gov.uk/what_is_a_valid_objection_to_a_planning_application
This link is for a different council but the points are valid.
It would also be worth contacting the heritage & conservation people to lodging objections with them
Tuesday 1 November 2016 10.11pm
Sidney wrote:
People also need to make individual objections & make them on proper grounds.
A lot of objections are thrown out because they are not well made even if they are well intended.
The fact that this is a listed building & in a conservation area will mean there are already big hurdles in the way.
If enough of a fight is put up early on then the people behind this may decide it best left alone.
https://www.richmond.gov.uk/what_is_a_valid_objection_to_a_planning_application
This link is for a different council but the points are valid.
It would also be worth contacting the heritage & conservation people to lodging objections with them

I have tried several times to submit my objections online to no avail, its so frustrating as the deadline is tomorrow. I also did a short test message (my list of objections is long) to see if my message would appear on the southwark website to the public, however this also failed despite the message on Southwarks website stateing that comments will be made immediately to the public!!
Wednesday 2 November 2016 9.13am
Lance Penman is the plannng officer handling the case so maybe you could try contacting directly to explain that you can't access online properly & put your points across.

From their site:

Comments received will be made available for public viewing on the website. All personal information will be removed except your postal address. Online comments submitted without an email address will not be acknowledged and those marked ‘confidential’ will not be considered. Written comments can be submitted to; Southwark Council, Chief executive’s department, Planning division, Development management, PO Box 64529, London SE1 5LX.
Wednesday 2 November 2016 8.39pm
Was good to meet you on Monday Lilypot... hope you got the issues sorted with the planning site? I just managed to get my objection in although after what the local councillors I'm feeling pretty resigned to the fact that it's going to go ahead now.
Tuesday 28 February 2017 4.44pm
*** Guinness Court Development Plans (Part 2) ***

Those of us living at 38-42 Snowsfields, along with our much loved local small businesses down below, had a visit from the new Planning (Case) Officer last week, and, acknowledging the nature and gravity of our objections, confirmation that...

THE PLANNING DECISION has now be DEFERRED to a "later date"
— which we are currently assuming could be as soon as 28 March

[watch this space… http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieListMeetings.aspx?CommitteeId=119 :-) ]

And so, time enough and indeed 'time now' for the community to get organised and get together, to hear what each other is thinking, hearing, seeing, doing and wanting. Please don't struggle with this is in silence or alone …whether you've been promised a new kitchen and bathroom for doing so or not :-)

Key objectors and or their representatives from the north side of the street as well as the Grainstore in Weston Street — together more than 30 households, many who've been in the area for 20-plus years — are going to be meeting:

*** THIS THURSDAY, 02 MARCH 6.15ish - 8pm (or as soon as you can!) ***
venue — less than 3 minutes walk from Guinness Court — to be confirmed via separate email [please private message via this website for details, post a reply here and I'll private message you if that's easier :-) ]

— Ever wondered why those three 80-plus year old street trees outside Guinness Court were removed under 'emergency measures' two years ago?

Snowsfields Yard's developers were looking for somewhere to 'dump' their 'Affordable Housing' commitment. Atop Guinness Court seemed like a good idea at the time, if Guinness could just 'tidy up and clear' their street frontage in order to facilitate access to and soonest commencement of their development site. That little-known deal fell through, and so now we try and find out who's actually paying for Guinness' social housing provision this time round …those 'in lieu' payments instead of providing onsite Affordable Housing (social rent or 'other') as part of their own development. Plenty to choose from round about!

— 'raging' here will of course change little, whereas making sure that all who want to can express their objections using 'good information' and proper Planning grounds really can :-)

We already have one light survey done, and another survey on its way to further counter the deeply flawed third-party 2015 reports on which Guinness have based their 2016-17 Application, and will actually have a barrister, and a finance expert, speaking for us at Committee.

All professional opinion to date emphasises the flaws, misrepresentations, omissions and inaccuracies in Guinness' application …notwithstanding the fact that Guinness have chosen a former Southwark Senior Planner as their Planning Consultant, to advise on and submit their Application.

[actually the woman behind the Strata 'Barcode' tower at The Elephant, officially "2010 Carbuncle of the Year", Neo Bankside next door to Tate Modern (the subject of protests in response to its 2016 Sterling Prize unsuccessful nomination) and The Shard, according to 3 of the 5 'career highlights' on her Linkedin page ...under "Southwark Council […] see description" where these developments are in fact referred to as the "Castle House" and "Hoxton Street" with no intention to obscure the truth of course :-) — https://www.linkedin.com/in/julie-greer-9296981a/ Although here on Snowsfields Julie Greer is determinedly assuming the 'moral crusade' of social housing and conservation of both heritage and community…]. Always good to know who and what contradictions you are up against :-)

Lilypod, everyone, never more so than at this point, we'd love to bring other affected people with similar or different perspectives in on the discussion — especially although not exclusively Guinness Court residents, particularly those who live on the existing upper floors, and/or in Block C, and or don't have lifetime tenancies, and are understandably concerned about having to move out for up to two years and possibly not being able to return...

We are putting together alternative plans. And know who'd we'd like to speak to to ensure we get this right!

Meanwhile, Guinness' Snowsfields page says it all. It seemingly hasn't been updated for over a year — so much for keeping any of us informed, even if we thought we knew where to look!

"Our proposals are at a very early stage […] We’ll keep this page updated"
http://www.guinnesspartnership.com/case-study/guinness-court-snowsfield-southwark/

*** SEE YOU THURSDAY ***
Tuesday 28 February 2017 4.49pm
Very good post. Wish I'd chosen Serge as my nom de plume.
Tuesday 28 February 2017 5.02pm
Thanks for this - very interesting and great post. Have sent you a PM with my email details.
It would be good if we could get some signs up in the Guinness blocks with the details of the meeting - I've sent you contact details of Bernie who may be able to help you with this.

Glen
Tuesday 28 February 2017 9.02pm
Thanks Jane, i've sent you a PM with my email address, I will definitely be at the meeting, just let me know where and when (i finish work at 5.30pm on Thursday, so 6ish would be perfect timing for me).

Yes Glen we need some flyers up in each block, hopefully Bernie can sort this out.

See you on Thursday!

Lily
Thursday 28 September 2017 3.47pm
Looks like this will be coming to planning committee on 10 October.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 10 October 2017 6.12pm
We're live webcasting the planning committee meeting:

https://www.facebook.com/londonse1/videos/1560341270669644/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: