A motor bike racing OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 19 March 2016 11.31am
did anyone hear in the early hours of this morning approx 2.20 a.m. a motorbike racing up and down the OKR presumably over the flyover ....??
Saturday 19 March 2016 12.58pm
I live high up on the E&C roundabout, which means I can hear noise from a wide radius, and over the last 6 months I have noticed the roar of many hi-powered motorcycles letting rip in and around the neighbourhood in the early hours of the morning: presumably those who race on the OKR turn south at Rodney Place so as to also race along Heygate Street which is a straight line of almost 1000 feet with no intersections.

I have been riding motorcycles for 40 years, and can tell those that have a straight exhaust with the silencer removed for extra performance or just plain old fashioned 'show-off-manship'.

I am puzzled as to how the rozzers have been unable to put a stop to this (if they are indeed aware of the problem).
Sunday 20 March 2016 1.25pm
I wrote this on another thread about E & C junction changes:

"Another biker death doesn't necessary relate to an altered road layout. There has been a big increase in reckless motorbikes racing towards the E & C. There have been ome deaths of bikers along straight stretches of road through Kennington. These deaths are as much to do with high and unsafe use of bikes originating from the large motor cycle shops in Vauxhall using Kennington lane/ Road/ Park road as race tracks at speeds at least double the speed limit."

I agree that there's a lot more reckless motorbike activity, evidenced by the biker who died in a collision with a tree on Kennington Lane- with reports that he was racing with other bikers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: