Neil Coyle has resigned his post as Councillor for the Newington Ward

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 30 March 2016 2.02pm
kevinruairi wrote:
What are your unanswered emails about?

You might not be surprised to know that mine were about the proposed Garden Bridge.
Thursday 31 March 2016 1.53pm
I wonder what he didn't say:
Rambling Phil wrote:
kevinruairi wrote:
What are your unanswered emails about?

You might not be surprised to know that mine were about the proposed Garden Bridge.
Thursday 31 March 2016 3.14pm
Isn't it interesting that everyone (so far) hs commented negatively about Coyle? I've written to him several times as my MP and never got a reply. Once, a flunky did get back to me, without giving me any feedback on the matters I'd raised and, when I complained he stopped responding too! I've also mentioned to the Labour Party that i think he's useless. Let's hope that at least he gets replaced by a hardworking, interested and communicative Councillor.
Thursday 31 March 2016 6.44pm
And yet he's exceptionally quick to respond on social media if you commend him for anything, and not much slower if you criticise him and he thinks someone will see it.

Having said that, I follow him on They Work For You and he does at least seem to be asking sensible questions and only once or twice descended into the childishness that seems to consume Westminster.
Thursday 31 March 2016 11.26pm
Best time to obtain a response from certain politicians, is during the run-up to the elections.

After that they become somewhat less available...
Friday 1 April 2016 8.45am
My MP doesn't become less available after General Elections and she is the other MP for SE1, Kate Hooey is the name.
How lucky we are to have an MP who does respond quickly, has an independent mind, does not always follow the Party whip and is always a delight to see and speak to when you bump into her on the street.
Let me add the usual rider. I am not a member of her staff, I am not a member of the Labour Party. I do vote Labour.
We all need MPs of Kate's quality whatever party they represent.
Friday 1 April 2016 10.45am
The labour party is not the party of old. Nor the Tories.... Tony Benn and Enoch Powell were quality politicians loads of conviction. Kate Hoey is interesting and does respond generally. Now of course she is tied up heavily one imagines with Brexit which is something Jeremy Corbyn finds himself unable to whole heartedly subscribe to. Again john mcdonnell natural brexit seems constrained..... So thank goodness for Kate although she sits not on the front bench

Cotswolds 12
Friday 1 April 2016 10.50am
PS. I found you look carefully at the official policy documents of main and minor parties they all want remain EU. All except UKIP!!

Sovereignty must be an overriding consideration in both Mayoral and EU elections surely

Cotswolds 12
Zoe
Friday 1 April 2016 2.34pm
Enoch Powell was not a quality politician and I am surprised that you would ever try to compare him to Tony Benn. Enoch Powell was the worst type of politician, one who uses racism to win votes.

Neil Coyle strikes me as someone who is very disorganised, he needs to get his office sorted out. I got the impression that Simon Hughes ran a very tight ship and Coyle needs to do the same. Hopefully giving up his council seat will help him with this.
Friday 1 April 2016 3.59pm
Whilst I hope that he does get his act together, he can hardly blame council duties for failing to respond to constituents - he's done almost nothing for a year vis--vis the council.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network