junk mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 24 March 2016 10.37am
Yet more junk mail today. This time TFL cyclists... Sane leaflet as before.... Torn up straight in bin! I am not a cyclist and never will be. Perhaps a ban on junk mail or a general special junk mail box at apartments main entrances is the answer. Obviously normal mail will still go via personal mailboxes
Zoe
Thursday 24 March 2016 6.55pm
You really should be recycling letters, they can go in the clear bag.
Thursday 24 March 2016 7.27pm
Paramount ... I don't eat pizza either...but still get menus poked through letterbox....triple each time! Lol
Thursday 24 March 2016 7.50pm
Zoe wrote:
You really should be recycling letters, they can go in the clear bag.
I was incensed by this waste of time and money etc so recycling was last thing on my mind! Cycling is the unfortunate word here with its connotations
Thursday 24 March 2016 7.52pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Paramount ... I don't eat pizza either...but still get menus poked through letterbox....triple each time! Lol
pizzas are also culpable in this regard regard
Thursday 24 March 2016 8.36pm
Interesting. I got the leaflet about the new road markings associated with the cycle lane but didn't consider it junk mail. Hate getting pizza menus though. My real bug bare is sealed envelopes from Virgin which I get about once a month.
Zoe
Thursday 24 March 2016 9.34pm
It's actually my fault you got the cycling leaflet as I was the one who shouted at TfL for not giving us any information previously, so now they go out of their way to make sure we are updated. I still prefer to receive too much information than too little.

You should still be recycling though, no excuse for not recycling!
Thursday 24 March 2016 9.50pm
Got a big sign above my letterbox "no junk mail or free newspapers" - obviously the people that deliver these free newspapers etc can't read ....
Thursday 24 March 2016 11.16pm
Zoe wrote:

You should still be recycling though, no excuse for not recycling!

Maybe there is, our blue recycling bin was due for collection last Friday, it wasn't collected.
I called Southwark council at 16.45 that day and told them.
They said, "They work until 18.00, it still may be collected", yeah right.
I called this Monday, received an apology, and was assured that there was no reason why it hadn't been collected, but they assured me that it would be done within three working days.
To me, those three days were Tuesday, Wednesday, and today, Thursday, it's still waiting to be collected.
It was two thirds full when I called on Monday, it is now full.
Any new recycling, paper, cans, etc. will now go in the green bin.
I'm only too willing to recycle, but what can you do if the council appear uninterested in collecting it?
Zoe
Friday 25 March 2016 7.49am
A full bin is definitely an excuse not to recycle!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network