junk mail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 25 March 2016 8.16am
I always recycle, but we don't get our recycling bags delivery any more, and items not in the clear plastic recycling bags will not get taken away!

As for leaflets, the worse are the ones asking if I want a valuation of the flat? Er no as I don't even own it and the estate is technically Council.
Friday 25 March 2016 8.50am
Sookysoo wrote:
I always recycle, but we don't get our recycling bags delivery any more, and items not in the clear plastic recycling bags will not get taken away!
As for leaflets, the worse are the ones asking if I want a valuation of the flat? Er no as I don't even own it and the estate is technically Council.

Sookysoo - do you know why you aren't getting clear bags delivered any more? Is it a change of policy? Council website says 'All properties in receipt of a clear bag collection will receive a scheduled delivery of two packs (20 bags) every three months. If you do need more bags, delivery of additional bags will consist of one pack (10 bags). If you should require more than one pack please specify.'

I haven't received any recently, but I'm pretty sure it's less than three months since the last batch and I've still got plenty left.
Zoe
Friday 25 March 2016 2.08pm
They are meant to be delivered every three months, it's just veolia being rubbish (lots of us have this issue). You can order more online via Mysouthwark.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 11.14am
It's the contrary for us, we always receive too many bags way too soon, I even use them for other purposes as my cupboard is full of them... And I always get annoyed that they put the cardboard boxes that contained the recycling bags in the bin instead of putting them in a clear bags themselves....
Tuesday 29 March 2016 11.16am
And I also receive these annoying letters from Virgin once a week and from estate agents begging for our property to be sold/rented. If at least they were using recyclable envelopes...
Tuesday 29 March 2016 11.19am
Recycling bin too full of cyclists nonsense so first bin available. We all know what is going on around our roads. Don't need reminding from anyone... Especially from perpetrators of this super highways farce. Period.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 11.52am
the letters from estate agents get "un-solicited mail" on the front , my address crossed out and "return to sender" on the envelope and put straight into the nearest post box

I rarely get them now :)
Tuesday 29 March 2016 12.04pm
Great idea. Thx. Except do.work also on leaflets. Mores the pity. A bain of contemporary life I guess
Tuesday 29 March 2016 1.44pm
Paramount wrote:
Recycling bin too full of cyclists nonsense so first bin available. We all know what is going on around our roads. Don't need reminding from anyone... Especially from perpetrators of this super highways farce. Period.

Anyone would think it wasn't the junk mail, but the subject matter, that you actually have a problem with...
Tuesday 29 March 2016 3.04pm
Guy's street wrote:
Paramount wrote:

Anyone would think it wasn't the junk mail, but the subject matter, that you actually have a problem with...

Quick! Both a waste of space. Literally
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network