Cars / motorbikes on Sunday night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 28 March 2016 2.28pm
On Sunday night between between approx 10.45pm and 12.15am there was the most horrendous noise coming from, I think, Blackfriars Road - Stamford Street end. It sounded like souped-up cars, or motorbikes with no sliencers, having a race meeting. The noise from the engines was appalling and it also sounded like they had an audience goading them on. Tyres were screeching, engines were revving, brakes were being slammed on at high speed. I can't believe it was only those of us in Burrell Street who heard it, but this end of Blackfriars Road is a bit light on residents, so if they kept to this end of the road other local residents may well have been unaware of what was going on. I did wonder if the new cycle lane was being used by some nutters who thing high speed cars / motorbikes creating havoc and noise late at night is fun. I suppose I should have gone out to see what was happening, but I kept thinking it would stop at any moment, particularly as every so often the noise faded, as though they'd moved on, but then they were back.
Monday 28 March 2016 2.53pm
They were in Waterloo rd too, perhaps it's a circuit!
Monday 28 March 2016 8.44pm
I heard the noise too. It's not the first time either.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 8.44am
Thanks - good to know it's not me imagining things! I've heard it before several times in the past, but only for a very short time. On Saturday it sounds like they'd taken up permanent residence.

I don't suppose either of you have seen the cars / bikes, or know anymore about it? It sounds incredibly dangerous, whatever it is they're doing, particularly now that Blackfriars Road is down to two lanes of traffic and, until everyone gets used to the new road layout, very confusing for all users, even without mad boy racers - or whatever / whoever they are.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 8.54am
Why not call the police next time? It may "just" be a noise nuisance to you but it could be deadly to someone else.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 12.00pm
It did occur to me, but because it kept coming and going over the course of an hour or so, each time I assumed they'd moved on. I assume no one who has heard it in the past has called the police either.
Tuesday 29 March 2016 1.56pm
I heard this from the southbank,

It is probably Boy Racers one goes off 1st very very fast and the others have to catch him,
this happens every weekend different location,
not a care for anyone else on the road.
Tuesday 5 April 2016 3.09pm
The noise was deafening and quite frustrating as they seemed to loop around via cocert hall approach and Belvedere road.

I am afraid to say the police do nothing even though complaints were made. To be fair i would rather them focus on more important activities, but it would be nice if it were to be clamped down as it seems to be happening with alarming regularity.
Saturday 9 April 2016 10.53pm
Bring back proper bobby on the beat!
Tuesday 12 April 2016 10.46pm
There's a touching faith in a Bobby here, Paramount. I can't imagine one being able to run after them and catch them up, even if he did wave his truncheon at them as a warning first. Cue the Keystone cops!
I did mention this last year; revving & flashy sports cars which then took off from The Cut ,roaring towards St.George's Circus.One had an appendage on the roof, looking like a rifle to shaken bystanders.
The big boys just wanna have fun!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: