Uxbridge Arms, Rockingham est - boarded up

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jpm
Thursday 31 March 2016 4.58pm
I see they've spent the day boarding up the Uxbridge Arms on the Rockingham Estate - not just the building itself, but putting a hoarding all around.

Never that busy, so always surprised how it kept going. Anybody know what's happening - hoarding suggests some sort of redevelopment.

More posh flats?

Related news & features

Thursday 31 March 2016 5.13pm
Yes redeveloped into flats , appreciate it was never massively busy but provided a lifeline for some locals and karaoke night was busy. I liked the fact it was somewhere quiet I could go, had a pool table, speak to proper English locals and shots were always served up as doubles priced as singles.
Thursday 31 March 2016 5.16pm
Some sort of pub/bar is supposed to be part of the redevelopment:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7970

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 2 April 2016 1.00pm
What would Arthur and Terry say?

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 2 April 2016 1.03pm
My mistake, it was the Winchester

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 5 April 2016 1.23pm
There will be a block of flats to level of the flats next door, and a bar on the ground floor and possibly in the basement (I ought to know but I can't remember from the consultation). Traditional pubs have been almost wiped out by the smoking ban and the trend to drinking much more cheaply at home, but it's a sombre thought that an area which used to have about twelve working pubs now has none between Elephant & Castle and the Roebuck.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: