Mugging on Hatfields witnessed at approx 1820hrs today

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 5 April 2016 5.50pm
Heard a commotion out in the street around 1820 this evening (5/4) and looked out my window to see approx. 20 youths looking as if they were walking along after playing on the football pitches on hatfields.

They were all over the road and pavement obviously in high spirits , I watched them flock towards the cycle shop next to the café ....not sure what happened there as it looked as if several of them went inside then ran out - the group then surrounded a passing car opening all the doors and trying to grab things from inside ...driver managed to speed off

Then some poor guy was cycling along and was surrounded and dragged to one side of the road whilst they manhandled him seemingly trying to rifle his pockets and opening his backpack - not sure if they did get anything but did see three of them quite excited as they had something they had grabbed and were running off

They headed off in the direction of southwark station - phoned 999 as I witnessed what was going on but not sure what happened after that or if the police found the group

No doubt the same group must play on a regular basis on the sports pitches as they were all carrying football boots etc
Tuesday 5 April 2016 7.52pm
Ninja, were they on red Boris bikes? I saw a load of youths in very high spirits cycle down Lancaster Street and up to Blackfriars Road at around that time.
Tuesday 5 April 2016 8.04pm
I'm told they were pupils from The London Nautical School.

Doesn't surprise me, especially after last summer when a group of pupils (Nautical uniform) loitered outside the tennis courts/doctors surgery on Columbo st, asking passersby/commuters for money, which was supposedly for sponsorship. They were taking the money never to be seen again!
Tuesday 5 April 2016 8.27pm
I never moan about cctv. Let's hope these cocky lot get caught before they go on to nastier things, and their faces are clear!
Tuesday 5 April 2016 10.49pm
If they've got the Nautical uniform on the school should be addressing the problem too - they can be identified. Assume nobody gets expelled these days -and Nautical used to be such a good school too.
Tuesday 5 April 2016 11.01pm
DebraG wrote:
Ninja, were they on red Boris bikes? I saw a load of youths in very high spirits cycle down Lancaster Street and up to Blackfriars Road at around that time.

didn't see any of them on boris bikes - this was a group of teenage black youths all in sports gear of some kind , with small backpacks/shoulder bags on and most carrying football boots.

didn't see any nautical school uniforms
Wednesday 6 April 2016 7.07am
Thats the problem these days - no discipline at all and schools are scared to do anything as it may harm their human rights, yet on saying that this is a minority and most youths I find are well behaved

Lets hope the victim is ok and unharmed by this ordeal
Wednesday 6 April 2016 7.55am
Littledorrit1 wrote:
I'm told they were pupils from The London Nautical School.
Doesn't surprise me, especially after last summer when a group of pupils (Nautical uniform) loitered outside the tennis courts/doctors surgery on Columbo st, asking passersby/commuters for money, which was supposedly for sponsorship. They were taking the money never to be seen again!
Really? As a parent of a child at LNS i find your comments outrageous as well as very stupid. Firstly it is school holidays so the only kids in the school are the ones doing extra lessons for GCSE’s and A levels . Secondly the catchment area of the school is London wide so very unlikely that a large group of kids hanging around locally would be LNS pupils.

You base your outrageous accusation on the fact there were boys in LNS uniform asking people to sponsor them either for raising money for the school or for a good cause-this they were doing yards from the school in full school uniform where they could be seen by teachers public and the police and you imply they were taking the money never to be seen again-seen by whom-the school you? You have no proof that the boys did anything more than collect money and take it back to the school yet from this you think they turned into a marauding gang that mugged an innocent person- I’m sorry but yours really is one of the most stupid and un thought out posts i have seen in all my years of posting on this site.

I would not say the LNS boys are angels as that would be un true but the school does have a great record on discipline –not just my thoughts see Ofsted etc and is one of the few local schools that do not need to have teachers/police stationed outside the school and at local stops to control the kids

I am very angry that such a silly post mars the reputation not only of my son and his friends but also of one of the few good local schools.
Wednesday 6 April 2016 8.27am
sorry i meant to add i hope the victim is ok as this was a hrrible crime and the people that did it are caught soon
Wednesday 6 April 2016 8.34am
When ever theft goes on in shops and viewing cctv I always wonder why shops don't have additional hidden cameras at face level, instead of seeing just tops o their heads? Say hidden near door in shop display?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: