Repairing my garden wall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 April 2016 12.26pm
Hello
Easter Sunday a stolen car came through/into my garden wall from the adjacent church car park. Can anyone recommend someone they've already used who can rebuild the damaged section of the wall, please? I need two written estimates for the insurance company. It's a single brick wall, btw.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 12.54pm
What a shock for you ! The same thing happened to a friend in Kent.Stolen car, totally incompetent / drunk / drugged driver mowed straight through her wall and disappeared. After her initial thought that a bomb had been lobbed into her garden for some reason, she plucked up the courage to see what the heck had happened. There was the car, engine akimbo, wall decimated with bricks strewn around.
I suppose that your two walls are separated by too many miles for the same idiotic & self harming thief to do both demolitions? Good luck with finding a bricklayer, may your wall last for many generations.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 3.32pm
Go on to MyBuilder. I have found it very useful.
Thursday 14 April 2016 8.46am
Hello and thank you to everyone who replied. I have someone coming to give me an estimate at the weekend so hope this will soon be sorted. I appreciated your suggestions and Sandy Pandy's sympathy. I'm about to more or less retire from paid work shortly so I might be more active on this website which I think is a GREAT asset to our community (thanks James)! I might become as active as Jan the Old One.
Thursday 14 April 2016 11.09am
Ooh, great times are awaiting you with retirement ! You'll be so welcome on our website, with extra time in which to survey and comment on the ever changing scenes of life in our lovely area.The new Co-Op opening at last and your surprise free garden wall demolition were good starts!
Friday 15 April 2016 9.04am
I am so sorry for you! I hope they at least apologised. I donít know anyone who could rebuild your wall. But I know some people who could clean up the mess. Here: http://cleanallcrew.info/ they can make your garden look nice again.
Sunday 17 April 2016 8.03am
My garden is fine thanks, bettywright. Car was stopped by my garden shed. Have found a builder to do the repairs.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: