temporary prohibition of traffic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 April 2016 8.43am
great suffolk st.
law street between tabard st and wilds rents
marine street
pilgrimage st between tabard st and selbourne house
trinity st between borough high st and trinity church sq.

I was going to type the kit and caboodle in but my eyes are wobbly the above will cause delays for anyone on wheels up to the 17th april.
on page 36 southwark news there is a whole page of closures. reading them I wondered why so many are carried out at the same time?
Monday 11 April 2016 6.16pm
Are the council, in cahoots with tfl, trying to kettle in car drivers now?
Monday 11 April 2016 6.50pm
they all wants shanks pony Bloggie!
Thursday 14 April 2016 8.25pm
Well, shank's pony won't do you any good either, actually. Have you tried to walk down marshallsea road recently? At the borough high street end, you've got Joe's Kitchen taking over more than half the pathway with their (7am to 9pm) tables, chairs, really annoying sticky outy metal barrier things and then their sticky outy double chalk board on the other half of the pavement. Try to cross the road to get space to walk and you then hit the problem of that ex government building spot. The builders of that Valentine place have stolen half the pavement there as well! With wood fencing. Any space that might have been free, is taken up by the now annoying metal bike parking things.
So, no room for shank's ponying away from the car jams.
It's very annoying.
Friday 15 April 2016 6.28am
Bloggie years ago within the department of Highways at the Council there used to be a very strict rule about shops extending their business onto the pavement, three or four feet as I recall.i think a blind eye was turned if the pavement was wide enough to allow pedestrians to pass unhindered. And by the sound of what you've described not n this case!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: