Co-op down the Blue (Southwark Park Road)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 10 April 2016 12.21pm
Just outside of SE1, but I hear that the Co-op down the Blue is to close. I wonder what will become of the site. I remember when the Co-op occupied the whole site it and was a proper supermarket. The end of an era.
Monday 11 April 2016 9.00pm
So sad. I believe that the Post Office is also moving to up the road by the second zebra crossing
Monday 11 April 2016 9.49pm
That's a shame, I go there quite often. How did you find out and do you know what is set to replace it?
Monday 11 April 2016 10.07pm
Overheard the staff discussing this in-store the other day. Apparently the site has been bought by Poundland
Monday 11 April 2016 10.23pm
Barrierdickson knows more than I do - I overheard staff discussing it too but not the Poundland bit. Real shame. Not sure a pound shop is what the Blue needs...
Monday 11 April 2016 11.09pm
It's not what we need at all, that's disappointing to hear it is closing down. There is no need for a poundland to replace it.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 10.37am
Yes, I was talking to someone in there the other day and they said that it'll be closing early May. It generally seems busy so was surprised. They have always been really friendly and the stuff is better quality than other supermarkets in the Blue so I'm sorry to see it go. The staff have been offered jobs at other branches if they want them apparently.

A Poundland? Not great but at least itís not another bookies or pawn shop.

End of an era, I think itís been there since the early 60ís?
Monday 18 April 2016 2.06pm
I too am disappointed to read that the Co-op is closing and possibly being replaced by a Poundland. There's a Poundland at Surrey Quays and a similar one on OKR (99p ?) so we definitely don't need another one in the vicinity.

It was a useful shop for forgotten or last minute items but now there's also a Tesco and the Turkish supermarket on the opposite corners perhaps there was too much competition.
Monday 18 April 2016 4.03pm
Oh what a pity. i was banking on it being there when they tear the shopping centre down.
Thursday 28 April 2016 8.31am
Poundland planning application for new signage

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: