Skateboarders in Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 9.30am
Noticed lots of skateboarders skating up and down Blackfriars Road on Sunday.
They seem to enjoy the new cycle lane / pavement.
Was it some sort of event?
Tuesday 12 April 2016 9.38am
Every Sunday, there is a group of teenagers in the park opposite the Old Vic, around 30-50 of them, every single Sunday. There are skateboarders among them. I am so intrigued as to where they're from and going to, I will ask if I see them next Sunday. They used to go in the Marlborough on Union St, perhaps they are simply looking for a good bit of pavement. We used to go to Duke St Hill, just for the pavement and slight gradient.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 9.46am
They must come from there then. Has anything happened to the park?
Have they been forced to move?

I don't have anything against people using the cycle lane / pavement in Blackfriars Road with skateboards, roller blades, golf buggies,... as long as they are going somewhere.
If there are such numbers of local kids in need of a space, the council should build a skatepark in the area.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 9.52am
No, they just sit around, it is as though they are taking a break on their way to somewhere else. Maybe they've spent the morning on the Southbank. They are not local teens.

They are no trouble in the park btw.
Tuesday 12 April 2016 10.00am
I noticed this to. I'm sure the Computa Centre would not like it if they went through one of their windows. Someone was filming to!
Wednesday 13 April 2016 2.17pm
They are currently in the cycle lane outside the Peabody estate, well someone's got to use it!
Wednesday 13 April 2016 3.39pm
Might be the same crew that were jumping over the barriers on Leake St a while ago. They pulled out a lot of plants from the containers so they could jump over them. My instinct kicked in, (I'm a gardener) and I replanted them. They were quite old though, the skateboarders I mean, a lot of them with beards!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: