Food huts on Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 20 March 2017 8.06am
I'm really pleased that permission for food kiosks has been refused. Whilst I'm sure the owners / workers are just trying to make a living they really are unsightly and the amoun of filthy grease etc underneath them is horrible. Some of them also obscure the WWII memorial plaque. So - hope the current kiosks will be removed soon and the entire area under the bridge given a thorough clean up.
Monday 20 March 2017 5.14pm
I can't deny, they weren't a good look,the mess I couldn't defend either. I worked with a bloke a few weeks back who told me that the Lebanese kebab he had from one of those units was the best kebab he's ever had. I can't get precious on signs etc seeing as they've wrecked the view over the Thames and it goes uncomplained by angry of Southwark.

Beetroot, if you want to know the name of the "bloke", PM me
Wednesday 22 March 2017 7.33am
Does that mean that the booths have been operating without license since 2015? This would explain the lack of bins. It would also suggest that they have escaped periodic food safety checks. I'm sure that pop up stalls will pop up along Blackfriars Road once some of the building works have finished, along the lines of Lower Marsh.
Wednesday 22 March 2017 9.37am
boroughonian wrote:
I can't deny, they weren't a good look,the mess I couldn't defend either. I worked with a bloke a few weeks back who told me that the Lebanese kebab he had from one of those units was the best kebab he's ever had. I can't get precious on signs etc seeing as they've wrecked the view over the Thames and it goes uncomplained by angry of Southwark.
Beetroot, if you want to know the name of the "bloke", PM me

They also did a really good falafel. Certainly one of the best I've ever had
Wednesday 22 March 2017 1.12pm
Perhaps the entrance to the former station could be used to house a catering business such as the Lebanese kebab: that location has been used in the past:

Tuesday 28 March 2017 5.32pm
The kebab business has taken up your idea Jules62
I saw them moving stuff this afternoon into that little hole in the wall where there was a cafe before
Tuesday 28 March 2017 9.34pm
JazzyQ wrote:
The kebab business has taken up your idea Jules62
I saw them moving stuff this afternoon into that little hole in the wall where there was a cafe before

Great news: far better to have a food business that has been well received when it was a stall, than a boring newsagent...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: