British Heart Foundation Collection

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 16 April 2016 3.39pm
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone put out stuff for the BHF collection yesterday. It's a new scheme in collaboration with Southwark Council and Veolia. I bagged up some clothes and put them out next to my blue bin on Thursday night with the tag provided by BHF. The bin was emptied on Friday as usual but the bag of clothes was left. Unfortunately, as it rained all day, despite being in a plastic bag, most of the clothes got wet. I have them drying on all the radiators. Perhaps I didn't get the day right but it didn't specify on the literature. Just said "next week" and to leave the bag next to the recycling container with the label attached.
Does anyone know anything about the scheme and when the collections take place?

Thanks
Saturday 16 April 2016 4.58pm
Anything like that Sarah I don't think would remain outside my door. I did leave a bag of clothes out years ago inn one of the Charity bags to find it ripped open and better stuff taken. All other stuff was strewn down deverell street.
Monday 18 April 2016 2.32pm
That's a shame Jan.
Not nice to see all your things strewn around the street.
By the way, I rang the number on the label and spoke to someone at BHF who said that there'd been a mix up about the dates of the collection. They are meant to pick up this Friday now. I'll try once again but if it doesn't get collected, I'll take it to one of the charity shops down The Blue. Will try to make sure it stays dry this time!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: