The 'Quietway' from Elephant and Castle to Crystal Palace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 April 2016 4.47pm
Hi, I'm new to the Forum. I love coming by train to the ten-pin bowling in the shopping centre with my kids. I don't like the traffic around the centre though. Here's a petition I signed recently about a so-called 'Quietway' for cyclists which will run from Elephant and Castle to Crystal Palace. I think it will be more of a 'noise-way' and make life harder for those of us who don't want to, or can't cycle- the ones who like catching buses and walking. I think the roads need to be shared properly and that if cyclists want the rights of their own routes, they need to take responsibility, like sticking to road rules, being accountable- maybe by having number plates, passing tests. And I don't want Southwark Council to reduce the number of buses to get us to cycle. So I signed this:

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-cycle-quietway-7-from-elephant-and-castle-to-crystal-palace-re-think-the-route-for-all

If you agree, do sign it and share it as much as possible. Thanks!
Monday 18 April 2016 8.54pm
There's always space for another anti-cyclist, I expect.

Looking at the route quietway 7 I don't see how this will interfere with your rail trips to the bowling alley. The 'quietways' don't usually run along main bus routes either, as far as I know. I think they're just backstreet routes with blue bicycle signposts. Not even blue tarmac, on the one I'm familiar with.

I might start campaigning for pedestrians to stick to road rules, pass tests and display number plates.
Zoe
Tuesday 19 April 2016 9.29am
Welcome to the forum! It's a shame your first post is having a go at other people, but it's still great to have new posters and hopefully we can have a constructive discussion.

I have never been to the bowling at E&C, I really should go.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: