Building noise and disruption Queen Elizabeth Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 19 April 2016 11.30am
Is anyone else living in this area (including Lafone Street and nearby) absolutely sick and tired of the seemingly never-ending building works going on at / next to what I think was some kind of military services building on Queen Elizabeth Street? They only seem to be putting up a few flats, but it is some of the longest and noisiest building work I have ever been subjected to.

The work is extremely loud, goes on all week and Saturday mornings (thankfully I am usually at work) and has been going on for months now. After (in my view, unnecessarily, given the only occasional activity) blocking a full section of the road for quite some time with a crane that became something of a fixture, they have finally gone back to just taking up one row of parking bays, but the abominable noise continues.

I'm not sure what solution I am looking for - doubt there is one - but just wondered if anyone else felt similarly about this!
Tuesday 19 April 2016 11.38am
This never ending building work appears to be happening all over the Borough/SE1.
Any available space and up goes another luxury block and to hell with the inconvenience to local residents.
You are right in that it is constant noise and disruption.
Tuesday 19 April 2016 12.26pm
Just wait until they start on the old Courthouse......I think that will make the current works seem like a minor inconvenience
Tuesday 19 April 2016 5.48pm
Yep, we're on QES too. I find the tag 'considerate contractors' laughable they overran the agreed time limit for closing the road; then having finally reopened it, they decided to reclose it without any notice. And now they seem to be digging random holes in the road, and closing it, in different places every day. Surely some sort of leaflet to neighbours, or signage, wouldn't have killed them?

In the last day or so they appear to have installed lights that but Wembley's in the shade. I imagine Boss St Bloke will be along shortly to say he'll never need to switch on a light again, it's ridiculously bright.
Tuesday 19 April 2016 7.22pm
The light installation on the entrance is ridiculously bright surly it can't stay this way!? Iv never seen anything like it.
Tuesday 19 April 2016 8.53pm
And all the resurfacing going on at the moment.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: