Tooley Street eastbound closed for next two yrs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 20 April 2016 12.26pm
I hear Tooley St eastbound closed till May 2018. All traffic diverted up Borough High Street then down Gt Dover St.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 1.49pm
And then up Tower Bridge Road it seems. TBR can barely cope with the traffic at peak times as it is. Surely people will end up just cutting down Long Lane?
Wednesday 20 April 2016 2.04pm
What's the reason for it?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 2.33pm
London Bridge Station works:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/tooleystreet

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 5.00pm
At least no more speed cars in Long Lane as it will be completely jammed by traffic. Plus Tower Bridge closing 3 months for late 2016. It is going to be chaotic along the whole area.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 6.09pm
Thanks, James.
Sounds like it will be chaotic indeed!

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 6.18pm
Wonder if roads affected by diverted traffic get a reduction on their rates, business or council tax....two years is a long long time. London Bridge commuters travel in Southwark ..we live here. Not their fault I know but why do Southwark decide to close roads at the same time. And heaven help anyone who drives for a living.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 9.08pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Wonder if roads affected by diverted traffic get a reduction on their rates, business or council tax....two years is a long long time.

Wonder if Santa Claus is a real person?
Wonder why London Zoo has no unicorns?
Thursday 21 April 2016 5.59am
Debs....lol X Santa Claus will have no trouble flying over London Bridge, steering past the Shard, The Gherkin,The Cheesegrater and any other towers planned! Picking up a Unicorn or two on the way!
Thursday 21 April 2016 7.30am
I really hope the closure of the east bound lane will allow them to re-phase the traffic lights at the junction of Bermondsey st and tooley st. If they can give great time for the westbound traffic to turn left on to tooley st after it exits the tunnel, it may help to ease the jam that builds up daily down Bermondsey st itself.

We shall see, I imagine complete gridlock is the most likely outcome!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: