Dog attack in St Mary Magdalen park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 20 April 2016 1.03pm
Hello,

Just a warning that there was an unprovoked dog attack by an off-leash beige pit bull on another dog in St Mary Magdalen park/church yard on Bermondsey Street last night (Tues 19th). It happened around 7pm.

The owner of the attacker dog was a "white skinny man", who then disappeared towards the Marigold. The other dog sustained cuts to the face but is mostly OK.

Please be vigilant, any information is welcome

Cheers
Wednesday 20 April 2016 1.43pm
Sorry to hear about your dog attack Cook. My dog was attacked by a Staffordshire Bull Terrier last week in Tabard Gardens. The owner is white bald and skinny & Australian. He refused to Muzzle his dog despite his dog causing multiple attacks over many months.
I urge you to call the police and also this number. It is of the Park Liaison Officer @ Southwark Council. His name is Joe Alishaw & he will be able to give you advice on any possible Police action. Trust me, they do take it seriously.
Ian G.
Wednesday 20 April 2016 4.19pm
Not my dog thankfully, but I will pass on your message - thank you for the advise.
Thursday 21 April 2016 10.13am
There are a number of staff type dogs that are usually in tabard gardens around 1700 most evenings. I have witnessed them attack often. Their owners could care less. I am sure they are not microchipped either.
I will be calling the above number.
Friday 22 April 2016 7.03am
No surprise. I see it regularly in Spa Gardens. It'll be a child soon.
Friday 22 April 2016 1.55pm
Cook wrote:
Hello,
Just a warning that there was an unprovoked dog attack by an off-leash beige pit bull on another dog in St Mary Magdalen park/church yard on Bermondsey Street last night (Tues 19th). It happened around 7pm.

The owner of the attacker dog was a "white skinny man", who then disappeared towards the Marigold. The other dog sustained cuts to the face but is mostly OK.

Please be vigilant, any information is welcome

Cheers

I came across this dog and his owner just now, on the green near Haddon Hall, just behind The Jam Factory. The dog was off leash and attacked another dog. The owner was able to separate them, apologised and walked off towards Alice Street. He was wearing a blue track suit.
It was only moments after they left, that I realised it could have been the same dog.
Friday 22 April 2016 2.46pm
Terrible, this cretin must be stopped, as was said previously a child next. Need taser to stop the dog and his owner should get tasered first.
Thursday 5 May 2016 5.37pm
Description of white bald man with staffy dog was walking today alongside another pug dog. It was on a leash and there was absolutely no signs of aggression. I walked my dog straight past off lead and again the staffy came upto mine and sniffed my dogs bum and then started playing. I currently work for the Rcvs, there are no behavioural issues that are noted with this staffy, so I'm unsure on your presumption of aggression. It may be a different dog? But the gentleman who I overheard recall his dog had a slight Australian accent? I have a labradoodle, I feel your comments maybe an over exggaration. As many owners with limited knowledge of behaviour do so often.

It would be beneficial to post these face attack pictures for clarity on the above comment
Thursday 5 May 2016 6.58pm
Cjl247 wrote:
Description of white bald man with staffy dog was walking today alongside another pug dog. It was on a leash and there was absolutely no signs of aggression. I walked my dog straight past off lead and again the staffy came upto mine and sniffed my dogs bum and then started playing. I currently work for the Rcvs, there are no behavioural issues that are noted with this staffy, so I'm unsure on your presumption of aggression. It may be a different dog? But the gentleman who I overheard recall his dog had a slight Australian accent? I have a labradoodle, I feel your comments maybe an over exggaration. As many owners with limited knowledge of behaviour do so often.
It would be beneficial to post these face attack pictures for clarity on the above comment

I've just started reading this thread , there is a problem with dog attacks on other dogs . I have spoken to several people who have had their dogs attacked by a staffy dog in Tabard Gardens , I wouldn't let my dog near a staffy now for fear of attack.
What does RCVS stand for?

I'm not sure what you mean Cj1247 when you say " it would be beneficial to post these face attack pictures for clarity on the above comment" please clarify .
Also how much knowledge do you need about behaviour when you report seeing a dog attack, either the dog attacked or it didn't. These dogs are designed to clamp on and not let go. When they do attack the owner can't even stop the dog from attacking.
Its already been said it could be a child next , if I see anything I would definitely report it to the wardens/police .
Thursday 5 May 2016 8.01pm
RCVS -Royal college of veterinary surgeons. It's whom I had to register with after my university degree and subsequent masters in veterinary medicine.

The problem is, people are quick to judge a staffy when there not all bad, they really aren't and the media ideology that they are dangerous. In 2015 a study was released that showed German sheppards were the biggest culprits of dog attacks followed by banned breeds and staffy a were 14th on the list. Child attacks, are serious. But I would never leave a child with a dog, no matter the age size breed, that's simple.

The point I made about the photos is that if people make accusations of dog attacks, In order to be passed upto possible euthanasia there has to be photo proof, just by people making statements WILL NOT go past the Royal college approvals. Unless it's a human bite ( the bite must be at least 75mm in length or a depth of 25mm). If a dog attacks another dog there are no laws governing having a dog euthanised unless the bite has caused life threatening complications post attack. For example anaemia, excessive bleeding ,the list goes on, but I digress, to make a claim ,ESPECIALLY to state facial injuries there must be proof, which is the problem with people these days that a scratch becomes a 4inch gauge (over-exaggeration) so a picture of proof would be beneficial espically if the individual would make a complaint to the police etc ( they can't do anything, literally nothing, unless it's a human that's been attacked) also. Once it was bitten did the dog go to the vets? ( the owner worried about the bite) That would substantiate that the animal was in fact bitten. It's been seen in cases over the last 6 months of fraud, I'm not staying the owner may be attempting such, nor would I insinuate such. But, there has been an increase in owners whose animals have a pre existing condition and trying to make the owner of the attacking dog pay the bills. This however can be identified by a Vet such as myself or any member of a veterinary practice. And we have a legal duty to report such, I'm unsure on current success rate but those that I've assisted In have caused the fraudulent owner to have very large court fees for fraud.

I'm stating this so that everyone knows not to judge, if an anima bit my dog , yes I would be mad, probably very angry and start kicking and screaming, but you have to take a step back and look at all the facts. No dog is an angel. And it's not right to judge such.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: