Good Builder sought for flat renovation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
emu
Saturday 30 April 2016 8.08am
We are looking to fully renovate our flat and would love some local recommendations. We need someone who is fairly priced, trustworthy, reliable, can liaise with council re building regs etc, able to certificate electrics/corgi and has high quality finishing.

They will need to be able to remove walls, fill in doorways, lay flooring, fit bathroom and kitchen, plaster, rewire and remove/ fit water tanks and boilers.

Can anyone recommend someone?
Tuesday 10 May 2016 5.05pm
Hi there,

We have had a LOT of tradespeople and Dan DeFreitas is by far the most competent, trustworthy and efficient I have met. He is often booked up far in advance but, given some of the shockers we have had, I would say completely worth the wait! He is also a thoroughly lovely and polite person. His three colleagues who I have met at various points have all been very pleasant too. They are respectful, non-intrusive and turn up when they say they will. They will leave the work area cleaner and tidier than when they arrived!

His plastering is of a superb quality (he and his colleague plastered several walls as well as repaired poor plastering done by others); he is thorough and diligent in his construction work and is prompt and helpful in his communication. He is not the cheapest but we feel all his prices have been fair and transparent and he and his colleagues work harder than anyone else I've met; when they say they're going for two minutes of fresh air, they really mean two minutes, not disappearing for hours on another job! ;)

I wouldn't be able to advise if he is Corgi registered or willing to liaise with council so do enquire with him on that aspect. He may well be able to recommend someone for anything he doesn't do himself; I would definitely trust his recommendations as he's previously refused to recommend anyone to me when he knew of several people but wasn't confident in the quality of their work.

I also spoke with Yilmaz, who Jackie Rokotnitz recommended on here. Due to his workload and our tight deadline (other contractors already booked in so the work needed too be done prior to their arrival), we were unable to engage him, but I have been very impressed with him on the several occasions I have spoken with him - super helpful and polite.

Hope this is of some help and good luck!

https://www.mybuilder.com/profile/view/defreitasc
http://www.defreitasconstruction.co.uk
Friday 5 August 2016 1.49pm
Hi Emu, for some reason the PM system isn't working by the looks of it... Can you try here?
Monday 8 August 2016 7.31am
I used Protea Home Fix - http://proteahomefix.co.uk/ - which I found on this website and was very pleased with their work.
No complaints at all and can't recommend them enough.

They had to remove an internal wall, replace my kitchen, replace my bathroom, put down wooden floors and decorate everything.

Definitely try them if you're looking for a job to be done well

(photos of my kitchen and bathroom are on their website gallery - the last 7 photos :) )
Monday 8 August 2016 11.24am
Hi Ruthf,

Thanks, will drop them an email.

If anyone else has recent suggestions, recommendations i would be grateful too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: