SE1 Airbnb Hosts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 3 May 2016 9.37am
Hi everyone,

If like me, your are an SE1 Airbnb host then you might be interested in a Meet Up I am organising tonight.

Title of Meet Up: Discover tools and tips for becoming an Airbnb Superhost
When: Tonight (Tuesday 3rd of May) / 6.45pm start
Where: Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, E1 5JL (nearest tube Liverpool st or Aldgate East)

You can attend then please sign up here - http://www.meetup.com/Airbnb-hosts-How-to-increase-guest-ratings-occupancy/events/229345626/

Hope you see you there
H

Tuesday 3 May 2016 6.27pm
Hmm. Can't say I like airbnb.
Tuesday 3 May 2016 6.47pm
If you touch on the question of how to be an Airbnb Superhost without being a nuisance to the neighbours, some people on here might be interested to hear what was said.
Tuesday 3 May 2016 8.19pm
I don't know much about Airbnb, but I would hate my neighbours, who are absent landlords, to start this short letting scheme. There's only four of us on our floor and it would be awful to have so many strangers coming and going.
Wednesday 4 May 2016 6.30am
We had this problem in our block. One tenant was sub letting his flat and then crashing at his boyfriend's place when necessary. I was tired of drunk tourists coming past my window at 3am, braying and treating the place like a hotel. So I snitched on him to the housing association and he was gone. No regrets.
Wednesday 4 May 2016 8.14am
Holiday lets are a nuisance. We already live in uncomfortably close proximity to our neighbours in London and can hear everything through the ceilings/floors. Then we have a different group of tourists staying in every week. They've no investment in the place beyond a few days so no reason to be particularly conscientious about the neighbours or property. As you say, flat blocks aren't designed to be hotel rooms. Some cities made airbnb illegal, pity ours doesn't do the same.
Wednesday 4 May 2016 8.33am
Southwark Council doesn't seem to have any policy/management of leaseholders who do this.
Here at Draper Towers we keep getting holiday-makers arriving for short stays. The leaseholders are taking advantage of residents, simply cashing in because we keep the place nice.
Wednesday 4 May 2016 8.36pm
I will admit I don't know much about Air Bnb but this just seems a way for people to exploit tourists and also exploit having a council flat?
Thursday 5 May 2016 2.47am
All sorts of people offer their property for Airbnb, not particularly council tenants. The people in my block renting out this way, are leaseholders.
Tee
Thursday 5 May 2016 7.33am
Agreed, it's a bloody nuisance for the real residents. Stop being greedy pigs and holiday letting on a commercial basis, in private residential properties. You are ruining people's lives. Berlin have it right and have rightly passed a law to prevent this.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: