Tower Cafe & Kebab House TBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 3 May 2016 5.31pm
Seen this shop closed for a few days now. Any news on if it's closed for Good?
Wednesday 4 May 2016 1.40pm
By the way they have ripped apart the insides, I presumed it was being demolished to make way for a new build.
Thursday 5 May 2016 5.39pm
Ok. Thank you. I was in there on Thursday, they didn't mention anything.
Sunday 8 May 2016 9.25am
We went here last night for dinner... It was unsuccessful :( ended up having a steak up the road in the Premier Inn restaurant, which is always good FYI

Last year one of the guys behind the counter told me they were hoping to turn it into a proper restaurant, perhaps that's what's happening, though it seems strange not to let people know by way of a notice in the run up to or on the shutter... I hope it has not closed for good was my favourite place for grabbing a Chicken Shish and the other half a Doner... Any recommendations in the near area anyone?

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 17 May 2016 5.26pm
It's still closed!
Tuesday 17 May 2016 5.37pm
A planning app has been put in for change of use from take-away/hot food to restaurant use. Confused as it has always had restaurant seating.
Tuesday 17 May 2016 7.05pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
A planning app has been put in for change of use from take-away/hot food to restaurant use. Confused as it has always had restaurant seating.

A restaurant is very different to a take away with formica tables. It would also mean he could apply for a licence to serve alcohol. I hope it is the same guys. As I said above one of them told me last year they hoped to turn it into a proper restaurant ☺

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Tuesday 17 May 2016 9.03pm
Ah, I do follow (eventually). A bit dim of me, but yes I can see the distinction between the two. I hope so too. They're nice guys who run it and the food isn't bad.
Wednesday 18 May 2016 12.36pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Ah, I do follow (eventually). A bit dim of me, but yes I can see the distinction between the two. I hope so too. They're nice guys who run it and the food isn't bad.

I agree: their lamb shish is excellent and very healthy. The guys are really friendly and have all been there for as long as live here, and that is 13 years. I hope their restaurant will be successful.
Wednesday 18 May 2016 12.46pm
Best kabab house in the area, in my view. Hoping that it still does the usual kebabs if / when it opens as a restaurant
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: