Anyone lost a cat - Reverdy Rd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 May 2016 6.31pm
I've tweeted this as well but has anyone last their cat or know who's cat this may be? S/he is a dusty ginger cat, looks quite young with beautiful big eyes. S/he has been trying to come in to our house the last few evenings after our cats food. S/he is very friendly, not at all timid around us or our cats so I don't think s/he is a stray. Her fur is very matted around the back end and she smells quite strongly of wee or cat spray.

Our garden is at the bottom end of Reverdy Rd with Lynton Rd gardens backing on to the side of us so it is pretty much cat central and I think I may have seen this cat before but can't be sure as we do get lots (I think our 2 must run a cat social in our garden for all the locals!)

I am wary of feeding random cats in case they are just being greedy and end up changing allegiance but I have given a small amount to this one last night and tonight because she does genuinely look sad and lost. If she is still hanging round on Saturday I'll take her up to Andrew Kirby to see if she has a chip and if I'll knock on a some doors (I know she's not any of our close neighbours as I'd recognise them).

Not sure how I know how to link things but here goes: -
[url=https://twitter.com/MStower/status/727922751395274752][/url]
Thursday 5 May 2016 12.36pm
Aaw, cats are clean, so if she (rare for gingers to be female) is at all unkempt, she's sleeping in bushes and is probably lost. Poor mite.
Any signs of injury around the back? Could have been hit by a car perhaps, as that description sounds odd.

I hope you manage to get her to the vets to be checked out chip and health wise.
Friday 6 May 2016 1.37pm
Yes. Andrew Kirby or a branch of Blue Cross
..she may have lost her way and got disorientated.

My cat goes out but won't leave my side so more like a dog. Never unaccompanied
Monday 9 May 2016 11.08am
Update:

Taken him (yes it was a he) to Andrew Kirby. He's not chipped unfortunately but he is in fairly good condition and reasonably well nourished so looks like he has been domesticated up to quite recently, therefore probably a lost cat rather than a stray.

I've registered him on nationalpetregister.org; animalsearchuk.co.uk & petslocated.com so if someone has lost him hopefully they will check there.

Just in case he is not actually lost at all and is just splitting his time between his real home and us I'm going to get a collar with a barrel to put on him with a note to say if this is your cat please call me.

In the meantime we'll continue to feed him, I'll give him another wash (gave him a bit of a clean the other day because the smell was pretty bad) and I'll treat him for flees.

If we don't hear from anyone via the pet registers or through my message on a collar then it looks like we'll be extending our family by one more...
Monday 9 May 2016 2.19pm
Bless, did the vet say if he had been neutered, if he smells like you say it sounds like he is spraying.
Celia Hammond may be able to help - they deal with strays
233-235 Lewisham Way,
Tel (Veterinary Clinic): 020 8691 2100
http://www.celiahammond.org/index.php/faqs/neutering-information#

this is a bit on their site about neutering male cats:

To keep your pet from getting lost
When mature, your unneutered male cat will begin to roam further afield in his search for female cats. As he travels further, he will be at risk when crossing busy roads and from fight injuries acquired during territorial battles with other unneutered male cats. Many male cats roam just a bit too far and cannot find their way home. They then become one of the UK's 2,500,000 strays that struggle to survive on the streets. A large proportion of cats that are reported to, and taken to, rescue centres are tame unneutered males once owned pets.
Monday 9 May 2016 8.56pm
Miriam,
On behalf of Mr gingertom, thank you.

That's really good news, that you are looking out for him.
I hope that his previous home look for him, find you and appreciate what you are doing too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: