Neil Coyle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Friday 6 May 2016 2.43pm
Well well well well... So this is where the scarlet Pimpernel is. More reclusive than john mcdonnell at times..
Though for possibly slightly varying reasons
Mr Coyle promptly lost no time in attacking Jeremy Corbyn etc in Bbc Newsnight. Labour appears to be on a suicide mission at present and Ukip especially must be rubbing their hands with glee!
Friday 6 May 2016 10.13pm
It is no secret that Coyle is an enemy of his party's leader...
Friday 6 May 2016 10.44pm
He's simply telling it the way it is - Jeremy Corbyn is not prime ministerial material.
Saturday 7 May 2016 1.24am
Floodplain wrote:
He's simply telling it the way it is

Yes, and the way it is, consists of Coyle being disloyal to his leader.

Floodplain wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn is not prime ministerial material.

As for what is or isn't prime minister material, all I can say is that it has been 11 years since the Labour Party was able to field a candidate that made it to Downing Street: Corbyn is a much needed change in direction.

This is a direction that touches base with the original core values of Labour. Here we have a leader who doesn't wear tailored suits like Coyle and Peter John, but who instead chooses to be himself and values substance over image.
Saturday 7 May 2016 2.00am
Paramount wrote:
Ukip especially must be rubbing their hands with glee!

Why? There's nothing to prey upon for Who?KIP in SE1. Except opening new poundshops of course. Great that an SE London lad made Mayor of London though.
Saturday 7 May 2016 7.32am
Neil Coyle's broken cover in the Guardian, too - We nominated Jeremy Corbyn for the leadership. Now we regret it.

Who's regretting voting for an MP who doesn't answer letters from constituents and appears to spend more time sniping at his party leader than taking the fight to the government.
Saturday 7 May 2016 8.38am
He's been nowhere for the best part of a year, failed to reply to, it seems, many constituents including me...... twice, and now he's all over the media, does he have an agent? How does that work? It obviously isn't the party punting him about.

Oh and Corbyn's unelectable and if he were a true man of principle, he would stand down.
Saturday 7 May 2016 8.53am
boroughonian wrote:
He's been nowhere for the best part of a year, failed to reply to, it seems, many constituents including me...... twice, and now he's all over the media, does he have an agent? How does that work? It obviously isn't the party punting him about.
Oh and Corbyn's unelectable and if he were a true man of principle, he would stand down.

Neil Coyle is electable. Says it all really.
Saturday 7 May 2016 9.25am
I know it's last year's argument, but I suspect any Labour candidate would have won this seat last year. There' nothing special about Mr Coyle in that regard.

Simon Hughes might have survived backing out of his pledge over student loans. He might even have survived as a friendly critic of the coalition government. But taking a ministerial position to support a Tory government was never going to play well here.
Saturday 7 May 2016 12.00pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
... Great that an SE London lad made Mayor of London though.

SW, I think - Earlsfield.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: