Looking for a decorator

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 7 May 2016 10.14am
I'm looking for a decorator to get my bedroom painted.
I live inside the congestion charge zone (Webber Street) so hopefully somebody local or somebody working at weekends when the congestion charge doesn't apply and it's really easy to park.

The bedroom size is 5m x 3m.
There is some furniture that needs to be covered: king size bed, a chest of drawers, 2 bedside cabinets.
There is a built in wardrobe with wooden doors, which needs to be painted as well.
The ceiling needs to be painted as well.
The surfaces are smooth and in good conditions, little preparation need, I want it painted white on white.

Please contact me with a quote.
Sunday 8 May 2016 8.13am
I (and some other forum participants) can recommend Paul Nelson. He lives in Empire Square. A quick search of the forum should reveal his details. PM if not.
Sunday 8 May 2016 8.57am
second Peverest for Paul Nelson- did great job on my flat few years back
Sunday 22 May 2016 9.54pm
Totally agree. I found Paul Nelson through feedback on this Forum. He decorated a home for me near Roupell Street, from top to bottom at short notice and in time for my furniture delivery, fitting me alongside his other work, and working a bank holiday weekend. I was able to trust him with my house keys. He kept me informed as to when he would be arriving. He is a great guy and his work was really excellent. I would recommend him without hesitation. He's nelsonsdecorating@googlemail.com
Monday 23 May 2016 7.58am
Another happy customer of Paul's. I was one of his first customers, highly recommend him and so pleased his still getting work through this forum. No connection, just happy!!
Thursday 7 July 2016 12.52pm
So I finally had the opportunity to get Paul Nelson to do some work for us and am pleased to be able to second all the recommendations I've read on here. Paul helped solve a decorating nightmare (multiple leaks had ruined a wall and I was trying to avoid needing a plasterer)... he kept the working area really tidy (important as we had to sleep in that room each night!) and completed the required work on time and to budget. One very happy customer (no other connection).
Saturday 19 November 2016 6.11pm
Anyone know a good plasterer for my small bathroom. I need 3 walls and a ceiling done. No cowboys please.
Friday 25 November 2016 11.35am
I used Micky Lawless for plastering.
I found him recommended on a similar forum for Dulwich and he was excellent. He replastered a decent sized kitchen ceiling after a leak from a bathroom above.
can't find his phone number but his email is
michaeljlawless@btinternet.com and that seems to work for imessage too

Sue
Friday 25 November 2016 2.54pm
Thank you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: