I will be back in my beloved se1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 10 May 2016 12.52pm
later on, only a quick visit as will be getting off jubbly line at soithwark, then walking to waterloo east - train to ladywell, then off to lewisham hospital to see my mum - going home is a bit tiresome. p4 to honor oak, train to balham, tube to tooting broadway - will be nice for a while being back in my spirtal home of se1 - hope this ant bored anyone
Tuesday 10 May 2016 6.01pm
Nice to hear from you again Chelsea.
I do hope your mother is not too ill and will soon be out of the hospital and you will be saved such torturous journeys.

I thought that DLR now ran to Lewisham is that not the case?
Safe journeys.
Tuesday 10 May 2016 8.21pm
Your right Bunhouse, Canary Wharf via dlr to lewisham ..my friend at work took that route every night.
Tuesday 10 May 2016 10.37pm
Hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery Chelsea -very long day for you with the travel!
Wednesday 11 May 2016 7.40am
Thanks for all the good wishes, she does seem to be on the mend, however she is quite a youngster - 94 now - lol

Could have got the DLR - yet someone said it was a long hike from the station to the hospital - if that is not the case, then I will use that next time

Going home was fun, as when i arrived at Honor Oak Station, the trains were all messed up, so I had to get a train to London Bridge then the tube - oh fun - never mind, got home

Was thinking about my old school being in SE1 yet my mistake as I think it was in SE11 - beaufoy it was called in the old days, yet many of my friends lived in SE1, most in Blackfriars RD
Wednesday 11 May 2016 8.55am
We referred to your old school as Borough Beaufoy if you are speaking of the school in Black Prince Road, which is definitely in SE11, the postal district of Kennington.
I don't know where the postal boundary between SE! and SE11 is, it must be a mind-bogglingly irregular border because I had a friend who lived in Granby Buildings, off Black Prince Road and another friend who lived in Elliots Row at the Elephant/St. Georges Road and they both had SE11 as their postcodes.
I admire your strong attachment to SE1, Chelsea, and long may it continue.
Sorry ,I cannot help more with the DLR and Lewisham hospital journey.
Wednesday 11 May 2016 9.09am
Thanks Bunhouse - ye worked in SE1 for so long, I call it home - love the area and all the back streets and problems, yet show me an area that does not have the odd problem plus the people on here seen so nice
Monday 16 May 2016 7.12am
Chelsea. It is a very central area .....thank you for your loyalty to SE1. Wish you and Mum the best

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: