Drinking outside the pub - when is there too many

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Friday 13 May 2016 11.55am
Oh not the same place then... obviously a common problem in SE1!
Friday 13 May 2016 12.22pm
Massive problem is Westminster too. All the pubs in soho have to have roped areas outside or they get fined.
Friday 13 May 2016 12.33pm
Princess-Claire wrote:
Oh not the same place then... obviously a common problem in SE1!
Not just SE1 - walking home from work in EC1 I pass about 5 or 6 pubs and most have been packed forcing people onto the street. With oncoming "pedestrian traffic" experiencing the same problem, you often have to go to the middle of the road to give way/get through, causing problems with cyclists having to avoid you, pushing them to the other side of the road, causing problems with traffic there. Domino effect I guess you could call it. Shame really, cause it's so nice to have a drink after work.
Friday 13 May 2016 12.48pm
See also, the Newcomen Arms.
Friday 13 May 2016 2.59pm
peterroe wrote:
Yes Dee Dee, it's Simon the Tanner. There were a lot of people out there yesterday and they were making it very difficult for pedestrians. If it's the same this evening I will call the bar and ask them to do something about it. I know that in the past StT said they would get a rope barrier to cope with the problem. But they weren't obliged to and so never did.

As far as I know, the local charity United St Saviours own the building as part of their property portfolio. It may be a long shot but, perhaps a plea to whoever is responsible for the management of their properties may help to persuade the staff to sort out a control barrier.
Friday 13 May 2016 5.27pm
Meanwhile in Borough we have been treated to late night basketball / football games, big teams, on concrete for extra acoustic impact, courtesy of our local boozer.
Friday 13 May 2016 10.01pm
If smoking inside pubs was allowed like it used to, there would be fewer people crowding the pavements outside...

Saturday 14 May 2016 2.00am
Jules62 wrote:
If smoking inside pubs was allowed like it used to, there would be fewer people crowding the pavements outside...

Sorry, but no, if there's one generic thing that can be said about the people crowding the pavements it's that they're not out there to smoke.
Saturday 14 May 2016 9.41am
Shame these pubs never had beer gardens at the back of the pub instead normally storage for barrels , old junk etc.the Simon would be dangerous because the curve on long lane.
Saturday 14 May 2016 11.18am
Same for the bars/restaurants on Bermondsey Street. I've had to walk in the road many times with on coming traffic due to ignorance of people. Pubs/restaurants don't care because they are getting money in the til. Should be in their license that they keep pavements clear.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network