In desperation for Ofsted 'outstanding' nursery in and around se1 or the city!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 16 May 2016 11.00am
I am in desperate need of finding a very good nursery for my 15 month old girl ideally in SE1 or in the City. I am aware of ARC in SE1 but I was told there's at least a year waiting time. I've heard that BRIGHT HORIZONS at Tabard Sq is a big NO, the same with Strawberry babybubs.

I'd be very grateful for any info.

Anna
Monday 16 May 2016 12.25pm
Ofsted web site will tell you which nurseries are outstanding in the area- you will need to look at early learning provision

I think all good or outstanding nurseries will have waiting lists however but good luck
Monday 16 May 2016 1.07pm
Thank you dee dee. I'll do that.

I originally didn't think to place my little one at the nursery at that age. Now that circumstances have changed, I'm afraid that it may be too late to find one that is very good.
Monday 16 May 2016 2.46pm
Kintore Way Nursery School of Grange Road is the only one in SE1 that I could find on the OFSTED site.

Dated Sep 2013, it rates the nursery Outstanding in all areas.
Monday 16 May 2016 7.00pm
I second the recommendation for Kintore Way. However I'm interested in why the nursery has to be rated as Outstanding by Ofsted?
Monday 16 May 2016 7.23pm
Thank you Jules62. Kintore Way has a very good report on Ofsted. I was too busy today, but will definitely be calling them tomorrow.
I phoned a few other nurseries with good/outstanding Ofsted reports, but all of them have at least a year of waiting time for a place.
Monday 16 May 2016 7.27pm
ShellDockley wrote:
I second the recommendation for Kintore Way. However I'm interested in why the nursery has to be rated as Outstanding by Ofsted?

If you are interested in why OFSTED gave this nursery an outstanding rating, the reasons are detailed in a pdf document that can be found in the link I provided.

I instead you are interested in why it is important for a nursery to be rated outstanding by OFSTED, this is a question that is best answered by Anna Maria, the original poster.
Monday 16 May 2016 7.30pm
Thank you ShellDockley. Good to hear more people recommending the same nursery. To be honest, it doesn't have to be an outstanding I guess. As long as it's good and people recommend, I'm happy with that.
I have little hopes to find a good nursery and be able to get a place straight away or even with short waiting time.
Monday 16 May 2016 7.47pm
Thank you Jules62.
I must say that I looked at quite a few Ofsted reports and I've seen at least two with safety issues. These were the nurseries with Ofsted rating below 'good'/'2'. I'd be concerned to leave my little girl at such place, especially when being aware of the report.
I could go for a 'good' nursery but I think we all want to make sure that our children are being left at the best possible place. An outstanding would be ideal, naturally.
MCR
Tuesday 17 May 2016 3.21pm
We've had our daughter at Strawberry Babybubs for around 18 months (she's 27 mths now) not sure what you've heard but for us it's been excellent, wouldn't have her anywhere else, she's happy there and the staff are lovely. Not cheap but then don't think any are. Worth a visit.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: