Bermondsey Farmers Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 May 2016 3.17pm
Dear all,

Please feel free to share this with your neighbours or anyone locally that you feel may be interested in an order.

Things are moving well with the licensing for the market. Unfortunately the council has not been able to get the license sorted with the land lord in time for this weekend so we are not able to trade. It is almost there and we all hope that it will be sorted next Saturday (28th May 2016) - landlord included. They are being so supportive.

Thank you for all the wonderful support that you have given to us. I know talking to the other traders we all really appreciate the support.

To mitigate the disruption to you we are getting together to offer a delivery service to HEJ coffee shop on the square. We shall be on site from 9.30am to 12 noon.

I will bring everything that you order from:

Astons Bread - bread, croissants, lardy cake etc
Perry Court - apples, pears, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc
Wild Country Organics - Mixed salad, spinach, cucumber, greens etc
Scarlet Rosita - Gluten free, dairy free, vegan cakes, dehydrated products, Bermondsey Box etc
Galileo Organic Farm - sausage, bacon, lamb, pork, beef - steaks, joints, chops etc
Hurdlebrook Raw Dairy - raw milk, yogurt, butter and cream

Will have a little extra with me incase I get it wrong.

So any thing that you normally buy I can bring with me tomorrow. Regarding Scarlet Rosita you might have to say 2 pieces/whole cake stating gluten free or nut free etc.

Please get your orders over to me tonight by 10pm either by email ( or text (07891 522451).

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Galileo Organic Farm
07891 522451
Friday 20 May 2016 5.16pm
I was dismayed by the market's absence last week and I have been in touch with the landlord myself this week to express my support for you and your fellow traders. Glad to hear that the hiatus has been due more to cock up than conspiracy and that things should be sorted soon.

It's enterprising and thoughtful of you to put some interim arrangements in place while the license problem gets sorted out. Speaking for myself though I would struggle to get there by noon so I'll have to pass.

I look forward to things returning to normal; please do update us with progress. When the market's back I'll be there. And to other SE1 Forum folk: if you haven't tried the market you really should - there's some excellent produce to be had there.
Friday 20 May 2016 6.07pm
Now that we have a plaza at the Elephant & Castle, how could we resurrect the farmers' market there, there is a high footfall that could make it interesting for farmers. The previous place was tucked in the shadow/wind by the LCC and did not last a month.
Wednesday 25 May 2016 7.32pm
Regular customers are dismayed and disappointed at this situation with the market and hope it will be operating again very soon. As well as the traders losing income, those of us who shop at the market regularly are being hugely impacted by its absence. It may not been a large market but it offered what is needed for a weekly shop

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: