Bermondsey Antiques Market - inconsiderate parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 May 2016 4.49pm
Getting very annoyed with inconsiderate traders blocking up the narrow pavement on Abbey Street whilst the Square's parking is kept clear. They are obstructing the pathway and causing danger to pedestrians, who are having to walk into the road to get round. It isn't just whilst they unload but is all day.
Tuesday 24 May 2016 5.31pm
Hi Gavin i think your find these cars are not trader's but uber and hotel guest, i am a trader and we unload at the other end.
Tuesday 24 May 2016 5.41pm
Hi Mansionman

Appreciate your response, but the obstruction to which I refer appears only on a Friday and consists of vans and large estate cars. It mysteriously disappears once the market closes. I'll take a picture on Friday and post it here. It's definitely market traders - I've even seen them loading their vehicles with tat afterwards.
Tuesday 24 May 2016 5.55pm
Based on my own observation I have to support Gavin on this (albeit the reference to "tat" was a but uncalled for).
Tuesday 24 May 2016 7.00pm
Cheers Dave. Perhaps "tat" was a tad uncharitable, but in all honesty I don't think I've seen any real antiques (in the true sense of the word) in recent times at the market.
Friday 27 May 2016 8.11am
I've taken the photo as promised. Unfortunately the image embedding feature isn't working, but the link to the photo is here.

I know Mansionman is only looking out for his fellow traders, but it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that Uber uses commercial vans and/or VW Golfs to transport its customers.

Anyway, another week of it, so I'm going to e-mail Bermondsey Square management and also the council.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: