Yoga in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 25 May 2016 5.04pm
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know about a yoga class I have found in Bermondsey. It's based at Setchell TRA Hall, just of Dunton Way, and is £8 for drop in or £45 for 6 lessons, used within three months (which is what I am doing).

The teacher, Liz, is really nice and her way of teaching makes you think about each move as a work in progress, in that you can get something out of it however flexible (or in-flexible!) you are. I often do a bit of yoga at home and this approach has helped me focus on perfecting a few moves rather than rushing through loads.

She also has a great memory for faces so you'll not be lost in the group (which is usually 4-8).

Hope that helps - I spent about 8 months trying to find a nice affordable yoga class!

Website is: http://make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk/
Wednesday 25 May 2016 9.19pm
There's Kundalini Yoga at Draper Hall on Tuesdays evenings at 7 - 8.30pm
Entrance in Hampton Street.
Ta
Thursday 9 June 2016 11.48pm
Hi all,

In case anyone else is interested, I have been a few times to a new yoga class on Friday Mornings 8-8.45 AM near London Bridge, which is run by the same teacher. At least I assume so as the web address is the same. Not a natural early bird myself I have been surprised at how enjoyable I have found this class. It is great at setting me up for the day. I feel fantastic after.

It takes place at The Bridge Gym (level 5 studio) 73-81 Southwark Bridge Rd, London SE1 0NQ.

I agree with Emily she has a style of teaching which seems tailored to works in progress and accommodates a variety of abilities/ flexibility and levels of experience.

Like Emily’s evening session this class is also fairly quiet – 4 to 6 people - as I don't think many people know about it yet. So there is lots of bespoke attention to my posture and alignment.

Tatjana
Friday 10 June 2016 8.52am
I sent a message via the http://make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk/ website a couple of weeks ago asking about times for the yoga classes at Setchell TRA Hall as it wasn't clear to me from the website. Had no response which is a shame as I was interested. Will try again and hopefully get a response this time!
Friday 10 June 2016 10.52am
Hi, you could maybe try emailing: info@make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk ?
Monday 13 June 2016 4.30pm
ramsaystreet wrote:
I sent a message via the http://make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk/ website a couple of weeks ago asking about times for the yoga classes at Setchell TRA Hall as it wasn't clear to me from the website. Had no response which is a shame as I was interested. Will try again and hopefully get a response this time!
On the Home page of the website, under "News" it does mention 7-8pm on Wednesdays at Setchell TRA Hall. I am going to go along this week and check it out as a yoga virgin
Wednesday 15 June 2016 1.32pm
juanita wrote:
ramsaystreet wrote:
I sent a message via the http://make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk/ website a couple of weeks ago asking about times for the yoga classes at Setchell TRA Hall as it wasn't clear to me from the website. Had no response which is a shame as I was interested. Will try again and hopefully get a response this time!
On the Home page of the website, under "News" it does mention 7-8pm on Wednesdays at Setchell TRA Hall. I am going to go along this week and check it out as a yoga virgin

Thanks, I saw the mention on the website of 7-8pm on Wednesdays at Setchell TRA Hall but was interested to know if there were other classes and/or yoga styles being taught. Might give it a try but that time doesn't suit me on a regular basis, hence the query
Wednesday 15 June 2016 7.59pm
ramsaystreet wrote:
juanita wrote:
ramsaystreet wrote:
I sent a message via the http://make-it-to-the-mat.co.uk/ website a couple of weeks ago asking about times for the yoga classes at Setchell TRA Hall as it wasn't clear to me from the website. Had no response which is a shame as I was interested. Will try again and hopefully get a response this time!
On the Home page of the website, under "News" it does mention 7-8pm on Wednesdays at Setchell TRA Hall. I am going to go along this week and check it out as a yoga virgin

Thanks, I saw the mention on the website of 7-8pm on Wednesdays at Setchell TRA Hall but was interested to know if there were other classes and/or yoga styles being taught. Might give it a try but that time doesn't suit me on a regular basis, hence the query
I went to the 7pm Ashtanga Yoga class tonight and Liz was delightful. She explained all the moves clearly and was a great teacher for beginners like me. Highly recommend the class.

Liz mentioned that she has only just been alerted to the fact that messages from her website are not being forwarded, so she apologised for not responding & is going to get that fixed as well as including the time of each class more prominently on the website.

The alternative date & time for her class is 8am at The Bridge, as per Ta's post above.
Thursday 16 June 2016 8.32pm
I have just started Liz's classes, having had a break from yoga for a few months following pregnancy and then a post birth. It was a really relaxed class, but I felt like we were being challenged. Liz showed me a few small changes to my normal postures, which really made a difference. Liz was very accommodating, and given there were only the two of us, it felt like a private lesson. I hope more people come so I can continue to attend for the rest of my maternity leave!
Tuesday 21 June 2016 6.22pm
I have been attending Liz's classes for the last few months on and off, at the Setchell centre, Bermondsey on a Wednesday eve. I would thoroughly recommend the class. Liz keeps the pace catered to all attendees and demonstrates and corrects posture as the class commences. There's no pressure, and it's a nice relaxed environment that drives away the stresses of the week. Well worth making the effort when you are able, and good value for money.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: