Green wheelie bins.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 25 May 2016 5.06pm
My green bin like many others is at the front of the house behind narrow low wall. When people pass by they often drop litter in the bin which is better than dumping it in the street. My bin now has a notice on saying the item in the bin basically does not belong there! The bin is empty apart from one drink can...so do I get a lock for it ? Or risk being hung drawn and quartered....or more likely council tax increasing next year. I can't drag it through the house down the step to garden. I have very little waste anyway, a new mini green bin has been provided I suppose because my bin is often half full.

Does anyone else have this problem with inappropriate waste in the wrong bin?
Wednesday 25 May 2016 10.35pm
Not much help to you Jan, but your post reminded me of a friend years back, describing someone who was infamous for being a cheap s.o.b.
He said that the guy probably had a padlock on his dustbin.
How about getting a fighting fit neighbour to put something heavy on the wheelie bin lid, remembering to take it off in time for collection day?
Thursday 26 May 2016 7.13am
Suppose I could sit on it Tom! Seriously the ones that pee me off are the ones that sit on the wall, drink their beer or coke ( the one in a can..) then drop it behind the wall. There is a street rubbish bin about 22 feet away. And I am not able to clear it away as quickly as I used to.

I remember at Saturday Morning 'pictures' they had public service films which had incredibly memorable subjects, like a living room filled ith litter and voiceover would say ' you would not drop litter in your house, so why drop it in the street?...and that was early fifties. Even now I never drop a sweet wrapper, when I get home I often have a pocket or bag full of rubbish!
Monday 30 May 2016 7.00pm
I would so love for these wheelie bins to disapear, they are biggest blot on our streets. My Street looks like a wheelie bin gathering. Its such a shame that the council have blighted our streets with so many nasty plastic bins.
Monday 30 May 2016 9.22pm
The thing is Drog I just wish each street could have a row of blue bins, green bins,brown bins as when your not so mobile like myself, the view in front of my narrow Windows is like enormous Lego bricks! Bring back dustbins!
Zoe
Tuesday 31 May 2016 3.36pm
I suspect councils would be quite pleased to give streets communal bins as they are easier to collect, but lots of people would be unhappy to lose their individual bin.
Tuesday 31 May 2016 9.27pm
Problem is no one wants the communal bin close to them

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: