Kids' pool at Castle closed in half term

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 June 2016 9.59am
Yes, it's half term - the first school holiday since the Castle Leisure Centre opened - and they aren't opening the training/kids' pool because of staff shortage. You really couldn't make this up, could you? The main pool is too cold for children who can't swim. I think the facilities at the Castle are fantastic, but they're not much use to anyone if they're closed.
Thursday 2 June 2016 10.35am
Agree Rupert, as usual it's the younger ones who get left behind. It makes me laugh they want to encourage children to take exercise yet close a pool at half term. The memories I have of my children playing in paddling pools are priceless, then growing up in swimming pools...it seems incredible the long awaited opening of Castle leisure closing one pool In half term where parents could take them to enjoy themselves and learn to swim and burn off energy, especially as not many little ones in Southwark have gardens.

As a child the only enjoyment I had was going to the Library and swimming. With the closure of Manor Place baths and grange Rd baths and current library closures children today find they have limited choice.
jpm
Friday 3 June 2016 6.23am
Almost inevitable - staff shortages because of the changeover of management company in the next few weeks. Still pretty shoddy though.
Friday 3 June 2016 9.46am
And so it begins.....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: